So what's good to get if you're a longboarder who wants to do shorter boards sometimes?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I would get like a 6-8 to 7-2 round pin twin.

low rocker so they paddle and catch waves well.

they don't require a lot of work to get moving but can still be pumped for speed and turned pretty easily.

sized correctly they are duckdiveable unlike the 8 footer which is like the longest a board can be while still being a midlength.

they are just fun and a different vibe than a longboard which is probably a single or single + sidebites.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Get it the same length as your height. Get it in the Team Light glassing.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
biggest thing (based on my experience) is that you'll have to get used to taking off later and quicker than you're used to. I think chosing something with less rocker is better for this but you'll sacrifice the vertical ability of the board. I was just talking about this the other day with a guy that was riding his smaller board and he usually rides a proper longboard.
I’d say a flat entry with more exit rocker if possible. Not sure your price range (LOL), but a couple of the ML album twins I would suggest: a Townsend (sized like Havoc’s in the classifieds), or a short Darkness (aka Dankness)

Reactions: Havoc
Sep 26, 2022
R you a Palo Alto bro? Jus go to Taco Bell beach n get whatever all the hipsters there are riding.
I’d say a flat entry with more exit rocker if possible. Not sure your price range (LOL), but a couple of the ML album twins I would suggest: a Townsend (sized like Havoc’s in the classifieds), or a short Darkness (aka Dankness)
I'll check those out. I ride custom longboards. Those ain't cheap. A short(er) "expensive" board doesn't phase me LOL

PS: I'm not a PA "bro"

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'll check those out. I ride custom longboards. Those ain't cheap. A short(er) "expensive" board doesn't phase me LOL

PS: I'm not a PA "bro"
Well in that case:

Sep 26, 2022
Well in that case:
That Townsend seems about right. Definitely feeling the twin fins.