Christian Fletcher vs Shaun Tomson

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
I have a hard time not seeing all the Fletchers as trash. They're bad people.
why you say that? bad people? maybe differnt than you but whatd they do that was bad? nathan? dibi? herbie? my pops met christian back in the day, said he was impressed by how respectful the kid was. yes sir, no sir, the whole deal. i can see why they might put some ppl out of their comfort zone but saying theyre bad people? dibi n berbie married 50+ years i think, seems like they figured out the family thing pretty good. to me that says something.

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
why you say that? bad people? maybe differnt than you but whatd they do that was bad? nathan? dibi? herbie? my pops met christian back in the day, said he was impressed by how respectful the kid was. yes sir, no sir, the whole deal. i can see why they might put some ppl out of their comfort zone but saying theyre bad people? dibi n berbie married 50+ years i think, seems like they figured out the family thing pretty good. to me that says something.
There was this surfing movie playing at the Long Beach Terrace Theatre back in 1985 or 86. My roommate was working the door so my GF and I got in free. All the pros were there. Before I sat down just walking out the bathroom is Vince Klyn. Taking a **** at the next stall in Johnny Boy Gomes. Anyways my GF and I are at our seats, the lights go down and here comes Herbie and Christian Fletcher right in front of us just reeking of pot. I got nothing against ADULTS smoking weed but I told my GF after the movie what kind of father smokes pot with his 15 or 16 year old kid.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Herbie Fletcher is cool. Seems like they just raised their kids free range. Met him by chance at a now long gone indoor bowl in Brooklyn. He just randomly popped in with a fairly known underground NYC skater we knew pretty well. Barely could skate but dropped in a few times during a big session.

doesn’t surprise me CF could be a c\/nt. He found a tough niche in surfing which built a love hate relationship with him. A lot of what he’s about is cringy as fuck. But his surfing is amazing and it’s own unique style you have to respect.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
shaun is a nightmare in the water. i took him to rincon for his first time in 1977. long time sb locals still give me sh!t about it to this day. i'm sorry!!!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I met Shaun Thompson at Steamers (82/83?). Such a nice fellow. Now this Harbor Rat Christian… (well I have surfed with his Pops) is a bit bedraggled. I do believe he was driving the truck drunk that mindlessly killed Justin Roberson, an upcoming young aerialist from Maui. Fuck Christian Fletcher.
I tuned in to the highlights of the final of the US Open and Pete Mel mentioned Justin Roberson. A name I can't say I've ever heard mentioned in WSL commentary. Now come clean.......which one of you lurkers is Pete Mel?????

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Not a fan of Christian but after all the stories Ive heard of Suan I'm glad he got called out, even if it appears that Christian wrote the comment when he was 16

Reactions: Boneroni

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Walter is their Grandfather, Flippy was Walter's brother.
Both of them were/are friends of my father. Flippy has passed. I talked with Dibi a few months back and she said Walter is declining fast.

Most of this sh!t with Shaun was a long time ago. A very long time. And time has a way of humbling people. I know Shaun lost his teenage son. He's 68 and has a net worth of not much. I saw him being a little aggro in the water a few times. He always left me alone. I never had a problem with him. But the fact that he was a highly visible outsider with a sense of entitlement did in fact get him into trouble more than once. I don't know. Let it go.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Not a fan of Christian but after all the stories Ive heard of Suan I'm glad he got called out, even if it appears that Christian wrote the comment when he was 16
16? lol. This I did not know. Over and done people. I've run into people I got into full-on fights with in the water and at this point, I'm happy to see they're alive.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Wrong. They're not ba
Both of them were/are friends of my father. Flippy has passed. I talked with Dibi a few months back and she said Walter is declining fast.

Most of this sh!t with Shaun was a long time ago. A very long time. And time has a way of humbling people. I know Shaun lost his teenage son. He's 68 and has a net worth of not much. I saw him being a little aggro in the water a few times. He always left me alone. I never had a problem with him. But the fact that he was a highly visible outsider with a sense of entitlement did in fact get him into trouble more than once. I don't know. Let it go.
This. He's always been a gentleman in my few interactions with him. I even dropped in on him once at Uppers.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

I’d met both Flippy and Walter in San Clemente and mine was the first familiar face when they started coming down here. I heard the same about Walter, he was trying to make back down one last time but took a turn for the worse health wise. I’d see Christian around but the tweeker crew didn’t didn't mix much with us.

This thread needs some Joel Tudor.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I thought this was going to be some lame "celebrity" boxing match, and couldn't decide who I want to lose more.

How about that story in Gerry Lopez's book "surf is where you find it" about Christian fletcher's mom coming to his school dressed like a ho to embarrass him into getting better grades?

• Haha
Reactions: bordsmnj