Buh bye AA

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
You’re getting to the stupid point.

They don’t look at it for admission purposes . They look at it afterwards to see what the class looks like.

cal Poly is the whitest public university in CA.

Your kid didn’t make the cut. You can pretend it’s because of some secret and illegal affirmative action but the rest of us know the truth.

And since they don’t look at race, I love the sad boy “they’re racist against whites.” But your stats are also silly - in 2021 54% of California’s graduating seniors were Hispanic. So no, poor whitey was over represented not under represented.

cry is free.
California universities look at zip code and use that as a diversity metric. The essay carries weight as well. I wouldn't suggest anyone lie but you better have some marginalization and the fortitude to overcome in there.

I get that everyone is conditioned to want the 4 year college experience but kids need to either accept that wanting that doesn't guarantee they are going to attend the school of their choice.....or they can prove how smart they think they are and go the JUCO route, save 100 grand and almost guarantee themselves entry as a junior transfer.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
California universities look at zip code and use that as a diversity metric. The essay carries weight as well. I wouldn't suggest anyone lie but you better have some marginalization and the fortitude to overcome in there.

I get that everyone is conditioned to want the 4 year college experience but kids need to either accept that wanting that doesn't guarantee they are going to attend the school of their choice.....or they can prove how smart they think they are and go the JUCO route, save 100 grand and almost guarantee themselves entry as a junior transfer.
There are no essays at CSU schools anymore.

zip Code metrics don’t help Duffman’s cause since the kids all went to school together.

Agree 100% on JC’s.

Reactions: hammies

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Does your son in law surf?
does he call you Dad?
No. Not really. In the past he has called me Sir, but I think we’re past that. My given name is fine. My daughter has told me he’s slightly scarred of me. I don’t want that. Although being afraid of my daughter’s brother? That might be appropriate. ;)

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
No. Not really. In the past he has called me Sir, but I think we’re past that. My given name is fine. My daughter has told me he’s slightly scarred of me. I don’t want that. Although being afraid of my daughter’s brother? That might be appropriate. ;)
you're supposed to be scared of your father-in-law!

that's the natural order

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Isnt everyone a little scared of you?

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my father in law was a first class asshole, but I also lived with him for a while and finally worked up the spine to tell him to fk off every once in a while when he was on one of his tears

he responded fairly well to it which I always got a kick out of

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My FIL is cool but he lives in the past; he still thinks the 50s was when America was great.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
My FIL is cool but he lives in the past; he still thinks the 50s was when America was great.
The 50s were great in the sense that you could buy a home for relatively cheap compared to your salary, almost anywhere, with minimal education. You could also pay for your wife to stay home and put your kids through college. That was the angst that Trump cleverly tapped into whether the democrats want to acknowledge it or not. Seems like they don’t.

That said, we also had a lot of other problems that I’m glad we don’t have any more, or at least not to the extent that we did at the time. Plus those economic conditions were the result of the chaotic aftermath post WW2, while also preceding telecommunications and the rise of developing world manufacturing.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The 50s were great in the sense that you could buy a home for relatively cheap compared to your salary, almost anywhere, with minimal education. You could also pay for your wife to stay home and put your kids through college. That was the angst that Trump cleverly tapped into whether the democrats want to acknowledge it or not. Seems like they don’t.

That said, we also had a lot of other problems that I’m glad we don’t have any more, or at least not to the extent that we did at the time. Plus those economic conditions were the result of the chaotic aftermath post WW2, while also preceding telecommunications and the rise of developing world manufacturing.
MAGA is about affordable homes and stay-at-home wives?

I think we all understand today’s economy - not Trump policy or Biden policy, but rather the depleted middle class with Uber rich and ultra poor - is scary. Kicking out Mexicans and withdrawing from the global marketplace ain’t gunna fix it. If that’s all MAGA is there’s probably a better guy to address it than Drumpf.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
MAGA is about affordable homes and stay-at-home wives?
Way to miss the point and inject your own meaning, just like democrats did when they called MAGA a dog whistle for when women, blacks and queers knew their place.

I think we all understand today’s economy - not Trump policy or Biden policy, but rather the depleted middle class with Uber rich and ultra poor - is scary. Kicking out Mexicans and withdrawing from the global marketplace ain’t gunna fix it. If that’s all MAGA is there’s probably a better guy to address it than Drumpf.
I don’t disagree. I also agree that the irony of voting for a party that has greatly fascilitated the transfer of manufacturing overseas and the weakening of unions seems to be lost on that voting block

My point is that Trump tapped into the frustration felt in rust and corn belt states who were watching their ability to support themselves whither away. The coastal states were making a killing with tech while middle America died a slow death. HRC gaslight them and told them to learn to code, then wondered why she lost so many votes in those states :roflmao:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Way to miss the point and inject your own meaning, just like democrats did when they called MAGA a dog whistle for when women, blacks and queers knew their place.

I don’t disagree. I also agree that the irony of voting for a party that has greatly fascilitated the transfer of manufacturing overseas and the weakening of unions seems to be lost on that voting block

My point is that Trump tapped into the frustration felt in rust and corn belt states who were watching their ability to support themselves whither away. The coastal states were making a killing with tech while middle America died a slow death. HRC gaslight them and told them to learn to code, then wondered why she lost so many votes in those states :roflmao:
That’s fair.

Biden has overseen tremendous manufacturing recapture. Will MAGA acknowledge this?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

Clearly life today is way more expensive than it was in the '50s but life is different, too. Most households had only one car, if they had a TV it was tiny, expensive, and they only got a couple of channels. Homes in what are now highly desirable coastal areas were very cheap relative to today, kind of like how it is now in Nebraska or Bakersfield. Cost of healthcare and insurance was very low, but cancer was a death sentence and heart attacks and strokes were usually fatal. There weren't the environmental regulations there are now but air and water pollution was much, much worse. Plus if you weren't white in America your life sucked ass.

Reactions: grapedrink