*** Official Fin Thread ***

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Dare I say there are too many twin offerings with futures base?

while I’d like to try some of that new new new, I can’t tell them apart from what I alreadg have.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Dare I say there are too many twin offerings with futures base?

while I’d like to try some of that new new new, I can’t tell them apart from what I alreadg have.
This is an FCS thread, bro. LOL
Yeah, unless you’re in the shop comparing one to another, the templates all look real similar. That said, I’m pretty stocked with my twin quiver (see previous pg) with each fin having ever so slight variations.
I do think it’s interesting that Album describes the recent upright twin with Futures as having more flex than the NVS or Shapers versions.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
This is an FCS thread, bro. LOL
Yeah, unless you’re in the shop comparing one to another, the templates all look real similar. That said, I’m pretty stocked with my twin quiver (see previous pg) with each fin having ever so slight variations.
I do think it’s interesting that Album describes the recent upright twin with Futures as having more flex than the NVS or Shapers versions.
Album is the worst offender.

The dude names everything the album template, he has like 5 upright twins, 2 semi keels, 2 modern keels, not sure what else, I’ve lost count.

Reactions: Aruka

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Probably already asked and answered here several times, but what's the future box equivalent of the FCS MR Twin Trailer template? Just picked up a Lost X MR California Twin with future boxes.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Probably already asked and answered here several times, but what's the future box equivalent of the FCS MR Twin Trailer template? Just picked up a Lost X MR California Twin with future boxes.
T1 is slightly smaller, CF Elmore is slightly bigger.

there may be a dead on one by now but this is what retodd told me when I asked.

Reactions: SeaFoamGreen

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Thanks. Yeah picked up T1s. Comparing in the shop base was wider on MRs I think, but almost the same tips. CF Elmores may be more stable then. Felt loose goosey, but this is my primary foray into twin genre. Saw these:

https://www.surfnvs.com/collections/twin/products/nautilus-twin-stabilizer-apex

"Derived from the tried and true MR style outline" Thought I read something a while back about the NVS Stu Kensons being a match too, which are claimed to be a twinzer template. Thinking T1s should be a good start, but was curious.

Reactions: SD_Dan

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks. Yeah picked up T1s. Comparing in the shop base was wider on MRs I think, but almost the same tips. CF Elmores may be more stable then. Felt loose goosey, but this is my primary foray into twin genre. Saw these:

https://www.surfnvs.com/collections/twin/products/nautilus-twin-stabilizer-apex

"Derived from the tried and true MR style outline" Thought I read something a while back about the NVS Stu Kensons being a match too, which are claimed to be a twinzer template. Thinking T1s should be a good start, but was curious.
I had the nautilus twins. Liked them and agree they are similar to the MRs

Reactions: SeaFoamGreen

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I don't think there's an exact replica (I wish there was), but I've heard or read on here that the TA Twin is close as well. Never seen one in person though.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Anybody have any feedback on the AU Fins?

Was thinking of trying these to switch things up in my RNF96

Was using AMT which was good in waves with a bit of curve

but now using these, which I like and more versatile:

Wouldn't really want anything looser, like these EVIl Twins were a bit loose in the tail:

https://futuresfins.com/products/mayhem-evil-twin-3

Any input appreciated, no response from manufacturer. Thanks!

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Anybody have any feedback on the AU Fins?

Was thinking of trying these to switch things up in my RNF96

Was using AMT which was good in waves with a bit of curve

but now using these, which I like and more versatile:

Wouldn't really want anything looser, like these EVIl Twins were a bit loose in the tail:

https://futuresfins.com/products/mayhem-evil-twin-3

Any input appreciated, no response from manufacturer. Thanks!
I rode the AUs in indo a few weeks back. Borrowed from a friend. Used on a round tail CC Lane Splitter. I was shocked how good they went. Stable, a lot of drive, turned solid. No negs. Normally use in the BMTs. Not sure how they would translate to a more fishy shape.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I rode the AUs in indo a few weeks back. Borrowed from a friend. Used on a round tail CC Lane Splitter. I was shocked how good they went. Stable, a lot of drive, turned solid. No negs. Normally use in the BMTs. Not sure how they would translate to a more fishy shape.
Thanks, got me thinking yes