*** Official Challenger Series Discussion ***

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Not trying to talk up the condys DL.

I know it's small and weak and Kelly would get spanked like he did last year.

It's just about showing up to draw a crowd and riding a twin in the expression session.

It's about what he can give- which is his presence- which draws a crowd and justifies Joe Blow tax dollar being spent vs him not giving AF and pulling out at the last moment.

And thus no-one giving a Fcuk and about 50 people on the beach watching.
The perfect expression session is Mick, Parko, Dingo, who am I leaving out?

The field is weak with a few exceptions. I was hoping for good waves anyway.

Jadson showed up, what more do the fans want?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Jadson supporting his nine kids still grinding it out. On one hand you gotta respect the dedication. On the other hand his style is atrocious and I'd like to see someone new in his spot.

I heard he's sponsored by a pizza chain (one of the 9 stickers on his board). Do you think he gets paid from them or just free meals. I would do it for free meals. Imagine picking up 5 pizzas every couple nights for your 9 kids going ape sh!t. Save you time and stress.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Jadson supporting his nine kids still grinding it out. On one hand you gotta respect the dedication. On the other hand his style is atrocious and I'd like to see someone new in his spot.

I heard he's sponsored by a pizza chain (one of the 9 stickers on his board). Do you think he gets paid from them or just free meals. I would do it for free meals. Imagine picking up 5 pizzas every couple nights for your 9 kids going ape sh!t. Save you time and stress.
There’s all kinds of new guys, they just have to beat him in heats.

9 kids? I’d be chasing the dream on another continent too.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Rooting for Jackson Bunch. Jeannie sprays his boars and loves duu.

A few years back Jackson was over from Maui and surfing States at Bowls. Jeannie got called into a wave in front of him and he didn’t say anything just surfed behind her. They started talking paddling back out and Jackson impressed her with his great attitude and she has been a supporter ever since. Jackson surfs for Glen Minami and Jeannie sprays Glen’s boars. For a couple years Jeannie would spray them for free until one of his sponsors started paying for his boars including airbrush.

My personal experience with Jackson has also been positive. He says hi, will ask if I’m going on a set and says thanks if anyone tells him to go. Easy duu to root for.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Not trying to talk up the condys DL.

I know it's small and weak and Kelly would get spanked like he did last year.

It's just about showing up to draw a crowd and riding a twin in the expression session.

It's about what he can give- which is his presence- which draws a crowd and justifies Joe Blow tax dollar being spent vs him not giving AF and pulling out at the last moment.

And thus no-one giving a Fcuk and about 50 people on the beach watching.

tears in a bucket.
No contract, no dice

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

A few years back Jackson was over from Maui and surfing States at Bowls. Jeannie got called into a wave in front of him and he didn’t say anything just surfed behind her. They started talking paddling back out and Jackson impressed her with his great attitude and she has been a supporter ever since. Jackson surfs for Glen Minami and Jeannie sprays Glen’s boars. For a couple years Jeannie would spray them for free until one of his sponsors started paying for his boars including airbrush.

My personal experience with Jackson has also been positive. He says hi, will ask if I’m going on a set and says thanks if anyone tells him to go. Easy duu to root for.

Have had similar experiences with Jackson at Vland and Kewalos. Even when he was really young. Kid is cool, respectful and surfs really well.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Frederick Morias Maxime Huscenot Marc Lacomare what year is this?

These guys still trying to qualify wow

“You came close, but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now.” - Marsellus Wallace
Huscenot was just cut. Just below Kelly. Morias was on tour.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Have had similar experiences with Jackson at Vland and Kewalos. Even when he was really young. Kid is cool, respectful and surfs really well.
That’s good to hear. Unfortunately he’ll never make it, nice guys don’t make the cut.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.

Yeah, he looked pretty good yesterday.

First time I'd heard of him.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
QUOTE="ElOgro, post: 3799101, member: 31306"]
That’s good to hear. Unfortunately he’ll never make it, nice guys don’t make the cut.
[/QUOTE]

Jackson may have the struggle Hawaii pros go thru. Surfing small gutless waves to qualify especially since no Hawaii CS events. But when the waves pump…..