Do you enjoy swimming in freshwater?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I was at a friend's house in Idaho some years back, there's a swimmin' hole near his house.

I was scared to get in.

He was kinda insulted cause my life revolves around surfing but I didn't want to get in the water cause I was skeered.

I felt bad and I really wanted to do a gainer off the dock though, so I ended up getting in.

Sure enough I was pulling leeches off of me a few minutes later. GRoss.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
small pieces of fresh water creep me out. Florida “ponds” especially. Not cause of gators but all the microscopic crap. At least a gator makes for a memorable story, whether you win, or the gator does.

lake George upstate New York. Mostly limestone lined with high ph (or perhaps it is low ph) keeps the water super clear and free from most algae and other ick factors that normally deter me from fresh water. It’s insane how clear and crisp that water is

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
lake George upstate New York. Mostly limestone lined with high ph (or perhaps it is low ph) keeps the water super clear and free from most algae and other ick factors that normally deter me from fresh water. It’s insane how clear and crisp that water is
noted

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Lake George in general. That whole region is some of the finest interior the north east US has to offer. The lake and surrounding hills are dreamy. People actually leave OTHER fancy beaches and regions to go to lake George. I used to go for a week every summer and I grew up in a beautiful bay and ocean surrounded paradise

Most of it still very rural- I’m sure there are wealthy hamlets and communities but most of it is still, if not untouched, not developed except in a handful of actual towns. I’d go back just to jump off the cliffs near “Silver Bay”’

Reactions: Rlacey111