How’s the stock market?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The communist is strong with this one.
Would you say the concept of community is Communist?
Maybe the most interesting day on the stock market in a while.

SIVB got bailed out. Too big to fail.
Feds holding emergency closed-door meeting today.
Goldman-Sachs says Feds will not hike rates as planned, after SIVB collapse.
Regional bank stocks taking big hits.
Savvy investors will buy the dips.
Did you buy this dip? You'd be up 50% rn:
1678719370980.png

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So in other words, keep the house of cards going, nobody takes responsibility (YOLO banking), the taxpayer shoulders it and QE starts again.

Like @Jack-the-Ripper said, the FDIC is insolvent, this is supposed to send a message of safety?

That we're going to inflate the currency even more because we're so massively in debt the and the FDIC - the agency providing the safety - is broke?

This is third-world style idiocy.
i don’t disagree. At the end of the day, what can we actually do about it?

I'll admit 100% - investing and making money in general isn't my thing.

That has nothing to do little do with the very very basics of how an economy works.
It points to your disasturbation mindset that paints how you look at all financial matters.

• Haha
Reactions: sussle

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Any of those worth buying the dip?
I'm scrambling now and digging on them to see which one might be good buy. I don't follow bank sector stocks much but that is some hefty discounts.

And people think crypto is too volatile. This past year, stock market volatility has been off the charts.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
I'm scrambling now and digging on them to see which one might be good buy. I don't follow bank sector stocks much but that is some hefty discounts.

And people think crypto is too volatile. This past year, stock market volatility has been off the charts.
If 2morrow looks better on my stocks and I have some money I'll try a few of them :)

Here is a thank you video

1678721244817.png

• Love
Reactions: PRCD and r32

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Interest rates will go up until inflation goes down/away. You and Nouriel can celebrate and have your buttsex doom honeymoon vacation this week.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Does anyone here actually disagree the rate hikes are done?

Anything more would further cause damage to the banking system.

I’d like to hear a contrarian opinion.
Yes. Although honestly I'm more open to "emerging information" that winds up proving you correct. But lunchtime Monday March 13th, yeah, we haven't reached peak interest.

Goldman Sachs added that they still expect to see 25 basis point hikes in May, June and July, reiterating their terminal rate expectation of 5.25% to 5.5%.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
SJIM

The Inverse Cramer Tracker ETF (the “Fund”) seeks to provide investments results that are approximately the opposite of, before fees and expenses, the results of the investments recommended by television personality Jim Cramer.

1678728942578.png