YOLO ALERTS

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Can’t YOLO anything right now due to the purchase of 20 new leash strings, but if I were inclined to YOLO, I would be looking at this Varial CC glasses 646:

I just YOLOd this from Varial on my drive to and from SF. Looking forward to riding it.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Let us know how she goes. I felt a few up and they are friggin knifey!
Yes, very bladey rails, slight belly, and fin box a little further up than normal it appears. Reminds me of a hull in some respects. I watched a video of a Japanese du' on it in small waves and it looked great.

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Yes, very bladey rails, slight belly, and fin box a little further up than normal it appears. Reminds me of a hull in some respects. I watched a video of a Japanese du' on it in small waves and it looked great.
Was it Taro Watanabe? I remember seeing a video of a pro on a light blue sprayed bort that looked really good, but can’t remember the du or model.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
It's got the narrow stance, body forward, hull'esque speed goin' on. Smooth.
Totally. There was another video where another dude was surfing it with a wider stance, foot on tail, and it didn't really seem to work for him. The guy at Varial, Parker I think his name was, said to stand more forward, narrower, and not on the tail.

Reactions: Retropete

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
It’s not a YOLO but I finally ordered a performance twin from Daniel Jones. 5‘9 or 5’10 for up to a couple feet overhead fun Bowls. His preferred fins are in Futures so I asked him for a set of fins too. If I haven’t quietly quit this place by the time it’s done I’ll post up some pics. Haha.

Here’s the description of his website.

CC8F5A6D-F9BD-4C79-9C39-D558F6EE9D8C.jpeg

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
It’s not a YOLO but I finally ordered a performance twin from Daniel Jones. 5‘9 or 5’10 for up to a couple feet overhead fun Bowls. His preferred fins are in Futures so I asked him for a set of fins too. If I haven’t quietly quit this place by the time it’s done I’ll post up some pics. Haha.

Here’s the description of his website.

View attachment 149884
back footed, loves smaller fins than you’d expect.

she bangs. eager to hear your review.

which fins is he pairing with them, his Futures set?

Reactions: rowjimmytour