YOLO ALERTS

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Anyone got any boards they're particularly interested in?

GF wants to get me a board this month, but I feel like its too late in the season to get a proper gun (OBSF)

Quiver as of now:

5'10 CI Twin Pin
6'0 Sharpeye I72
6'2 Lost Driver 2.0
6'6 Hess step-up
6'8 Arakawa Holi Moli

Maybe an epoxy? Nothing in the shortboard market has really interested me lately except for possibly adding a DA

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

GF wants to get me a board this month, but I feel like its too late in the season to get a proper gun (OBSF)

Quiver as of now:

5'10 CI Twin Pin
6'0 Sharpeye I72
6'2 Lost Driver 2.0
6'6 Hess step-up
6'8 Arakawa Holi Moli

Maybe an epoxy? Nothing in the shortboard market has really interested me lately except for possibly adding a DA
Stretch makes some nice eps/epoxy boards twins, thruster and quads:shrug:
2win
5150*
2x4*
Buzzsaw*
Thing
Square1
Sk8
*own

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

Quiver as of now:

5'10 CI Twin Pin
6'0 Sharpeye I72
6'2 Lost Driver 2.0
6'6 Hess step-up
6'8 Arakawa Holi Moli

maybe something to cover the low end?

Been curious about one of these but (thankfully) Chilli USA doesn't have any in my size in stock to tempt me (5'9-5'10)

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

Quiver as of now:

5'10 CI Twin Pin
6'0 Sharpeye I72
6'2 Lost Driver 2.0
6'6 Hess step-up
6'8 Arakawa Holi Moli

Something different for low end. Go for a DA: You’re worth it bro!
Plasmic, Lightbender, Gremlin, or JT’s deviled egg (that’s been tempting me).

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Dark Arts Dad Bod is a good groveler too if you wanna stay on the squash tail game

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Something different for low end. Go for a DA: You’re worth it bro!
Plasmic, Lightbender, Gremlin, or JT’s deviled egg (that’s been tempting me).
There was a Deviled Egg in our dims on surfboardbroker or usedsurf for 650, like new. Jamby has one and says it needs a better wave.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Lost me at...Never understood why you would want twin to surf like a thruster :shrug:
I personally like the perceived top end speed of a twin, but like to come off the bottom pretty square FH & BH without nursing anything, so something that feels more thruster-like for those feels is what I’m after. I can get my 5’6 Stamps Kai-Zen to break free in a snap and/or a top turn, but that’s not what I want digging off the bottom.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I personally like the perceived top end speed of a twin, but like to come off the bottom pretty square FH & BH without nursing anything, so something that feels more thruster-like for those feels is what I’m after. I can get my 5’6 Stamps Kai-Zen to break free in a snap and/or a top turn, but that’s not what I want digging off the bottom.
Sounds to me like you need a quad :shrug:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
This is what you need