Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Just picked up this Hydroshort for a few hundred bucks. Rare find around here. Interesting board. It has marks for the rear fins, but no fin boxes. No dimensions written on it, all we know for sure is that it's "For Evan."

Had it out today and I loved it. Most stoke I've felt in a long time riding a new board. So excited to take it out again
Wow! That looks like one of his new customs. Sick boar!
Great find for a few hundred bucks. Looks like its one of his PU boards. :love::love:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Just picked up this Hydroshort for a few hundred bucks. Rare find around here. Interesting board. It has marks for the rear fins, but no fin boxes. No dimensions written on it, all we know for sure is that it's "For Evan."

Had it out today and I loved it. Most stoke I've felt in a long time riding a new board. So excited to take it out again
Hydroshort is a good board. I had one with a squash tail, but I sold it. Wish I didn't...

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Wow! That looks like one of his new customs. Sick boar!
Great find for a few hundred bucks. Looks like its one of his PU boards. :love::love:
I thought so too until I showed up and loh! It weighs like 18 oz so it's definitely epoxy.

I got lucky for sure, it made my week. Now if we could only get some swell :rolleyes:

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Hydroshort is a good board. I had one with a squash tail, but I sold it. Wish I didn't...
That's funny. I've sold 30+ boards in the last few years and the only bloody board I regret selling is my Cymatic.

I hope that Tomo comes back to XTR. Riding this hydroshort makes me want to try more of his creations

Reactions: sh3

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Yeah, I'm done with Tomo until he's back with XTR. No way am I ever getting a Fireturd again.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Latest board is my last hope with Tomo sans XTR. If this works for me, I'm thrilled. If not, it doesn't mean the board sucks it just means I work better with XTR.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

Rad board!

That looks like a Hydronaut to me.

Does it say Hydroshort on it?

Reactions: ReForest

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah, I'm done with Tomo until he's back with XTR. No way am I ever getting a Fireturd again.
Why not custom direct from Dan in Oz? You’re practically neighbors compared to XTR in Oceanside.
I probably wouldn’t order a boar from Oz to CA again, but the X-wing that I pandemic sale ordered is great and the process was smooth.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'm gonna order again soon. I've ordered 1 boar every year since 2020 but funds were a little tight in 2022 so i didnt order anything. The process was very smooth though. Even when I shared a box with another guy it was smooth. It was cool to share the stoke with someone as the boards were being delivered and then opened up in the parking lot in HB.

Reactions: sdsrfr and SD_Dan

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Why not custom direct from Dan in Oz? You’re practically neighbors compared to XTR in Oceanside.
I probably wouldn’t order a boar from Oz to CA again, but the X-wing that I pandemic sale ordered is great and the process was smooth.
Many moons ago, I didn't have a great experience ordering a custom directly from Tomo and milky Patrick...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
To be fair, you have seemibgly the shittiest of sh!t luck of the yolo crowd
Tomo, McNeill, Burch, MOTE...I've been cursed. Is it a sign? The best board ordering experiences I've had have been with XTR. They got it down.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Tomo, McNeill, Burch, MOTE...I've been cursed. Is it a sign? The best board ordering experiences I've had have been with XTR. They got it down.
You need more gmm2, perhaps a 5’8?

in all seriousness, a success story for you is receiving an undamaged surfboard in the mail.

no matter if it’s what you actually ordered...

:roflmao: :cheers:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
You need more gmm2, perhaps a 5’8?

in all seriousness, a success story for you is receiving an undamaged surfboard in the mail.

no matter if it’s what you actually ordered...

:roflmao: :cheers:
I've dallied with ordering a 5'8 GMM2 a few times, but when it's summer dribble a mid length lets me battle the longboards better. Also, I think @ReForest should go first. He knows he wants to. Dunno how he can call himself a real Tomo fan without one in his quiver...

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: jkb and sdsrfr

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Many moons ago, I didn't have a great experience ordering a custom directly from Tomo and milky Patrick...
Man…those were some early days of Daniel’s U.S. arrival if you’re mentioning Patrick. Way before even FW’s emergence making novelty boards. My 1st foray into DT’s shapes was a used XTR DT shaped for him. Went decent enough for me to order a few customs before moving on to other shapers/quivers.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
curious, how is the local surf shop scene in Taiwan? do they get runs of good OTR boards from shapers?