So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Older Cortes footage. What's going on with this fall at around 00:45?? When is the last time you saw someone fall back, slide as their feet/legs go straight up in the air like that? It doesn't look like a too fast/skipping down the face thing. I can't figure it out.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
My local average beach break showing 5'-7' this morning, and doing it's best Ocean Beach San Francisco impression. Light offshores the last couple mornings, and fast moving set waves standing up in a hurry outside. Looked pretty damn good mind surfing it, but I know how that goes when you get out there.

All the sand has been stripped from the shoreline and it's a full on slope of cobble rocks rumbling with every backwash into the shorepound.

No, I didn't paddle out, but it was a nice surf check on the way to work. :geek:

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Older Cortes footage. What's going on with this fall at around 00:45?? When is the last time you saw someone fall back, slide as their feet/legs go straight up in the air like that? It doesn't look like a too fast/skipping down the face thing. I can't figure it out.

I was out there. I think he was sliding on his board. That said-I saw Navarro wipe out that day and the wave was so fast he skipped down the face like a stone. It’s an incredibly fast moving wave.

Reactions: INDTUBE

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The Swell of '23 is now over. It has been the longest run of uninterrupted overhead surf in recent memory. Wednesday I still found really fun overhead waves, but today was the first time since just after Christmas that the surf felt weak....and it was still shoulder high.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m surfed out. What a run!

Number of spots breaking differently, or not at all, now. Pretty crazy changes for some of the spots I used to have dialed for the tides.

Reactions: bird.LA

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I’m surfed out. What a run!

Number of spots breaking differently, or not at all, now. Pretty crazy changes for some of the spots I used to have dialed for the tides.
the sand up here is all gone. been perfecting my shorebreak closeout skills and wishing i had a catchsurf or something soft, lol.