What's the point of "ChatGPT" ?

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Got a brief on the technology being used. Waaay above my meager brain to comprehend. Transformer-based language models (a type of neural network). Amazing that it can be done so quickly.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Got a brief on the technology being used. Waaay above my meager brain to comprehend. Transformer-based language models (a type of neural network). Amazing that it can be done so quickly.
When I worked for SAIC around 1989 I saw a presentation on this new upcoming thing, neural networks. They were doing character recognition on a Windows 2 computer, amazing at the time. The PI said "this technology is going places, you just wait".

• Haha
Reactions: sponge

austard

Michael Peterson status
Nov 12, 2009
State of Grace
Does this mean that in the future internet arguments will be written by AI at the behest of the usual trolls?

Oh goody.

The unabomber was right.
ChatGPT gave me a stern lecture about the negatives of being a troll...

My query was " Which erBB member is most likely to wear Jack boots if they become a moderator?"...

It became somewhat hostile to me and the nature of subsequent answers had a negative bent to them...

I guess it's "Off to the re-education camp" for me when it starts using real world (and erBB) data.