FAFO

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
would a third armed person be justified in shooting the guy who shot the robber? I could see other patrons being scared fearful in a situation like this, not clear what's going on.

Also if a third person stood up and shot the shooter, wouldn't they also be in the clear b/c they are killing someone who just embarked on an extrajudicial killing?

Reactions: kidfury

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
No, not at all.

The point is the same.

We don't have time to assess ultimate intentions of a random individual putting a gun in an innocent person's face during an act of aggression.
Ok, well when you give the easiest example for everyone to agree with you sound very strong and correct.
But these are not the important examples when it comes to the justification of people shooting others in the streets

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We really are doomed as a society. Who the fuk thinks this way unless they themselves have a criminal mind and wish not to meet a similar fate when caught in the act.
Young high school and college aged people, upper-middle class/upper class white people on the left, highly empathetic people,etc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Young high school and college aged people, upper-middle class/upper class white people on the left, highly empathetic people,etc
A large chunk of men in our society have accomplished no masculine feats. Their lives are lived almost entirely behind screens. Many have jobs they can't be fired from if they work at all. Few have experienced danger or risk.
1673281753512.png

I must challenge the idea that they're "highly empathetic."

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Deconstructing these things is kind of a problem sometimes. You are taking what happened in fractions of a second and analyzing it by slowing video down, reversing, playing it over and over again, devoting huge blocks of time to analysis of something that happened in a couple of seconds at the outside. That being said, the poor bastard in the upper right hand corner of the frame looks to be uncomfortably IN the line of fire. I don't know if the shooter waited to start shooting until toy gun guy was past guy sitting in corner or not. I haven't seen the entire video. Does anybody have a link to such?

When someone with a gun goes down, it doesn't mean that they can't return fire. People with fatal wounds go down and keep shooting and can kill in the time it takes for them to pass. Just a thought. And as for the guy running, I'm sure he freaked the fvck out when he picked up the guy's gun and realized he had just shot someone who was brandishing/threatening with a toy gun. I could see panic setting in right there.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A large chunk of men in our society have accomplished no masculine feats. Their lives are lived almost entirely behind screens. Many have jobs they can't be fired from if they work at all. Few have experienced danger or risk.
View attachment 145474

I must challenge the idea that they're "highly empathetic."
In terms of youth, they're actually risk averse - not in a good way.

Per a SDSU psychologist who is studying the subject.

Also, it's an empathy issue in terms of people like ghost and skully.

Reactions: PRCD

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Ok, well when you give the easiest example for everyone to agree with you sound very strong and correct.
But these are not the important examples when it comes to the justification of people shooting others in the streets
Threaten other people with a gun, expect to die face down in a gutter via gun

It's that simple