Order of Operations. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee

• New Filter, Water in Mr Coffee, Grind Beans, Press Button, Pour a Cup asap, additives and stir

• Remove old Filter. New Filter. Grind Coffee, Match Water. Press Button, additives f, Pour cup asap

• Boil water, Set Melita Filter in cone. Grind Beans, slow pour, additives and stir

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
nah man I'm just joshing with ya. yer alright subway!
I figured as much, but I’m full on Facebook friends with these folks now, we exchange nerdy sci fi and LOTR memes and stuff. They would totally hook up a deal on a monthly delivery I bet. They would think it’s hysterical and treat the request with much joy, those smug Swedish people who always seem so calm and pleasant and quirky, damn them

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
moccamaster is the way
Long time pour over guy who’s been eyeing the moccamaster for a while now. Ilike my chemex results and had it really dialed but it’s kind of a drag when hosting and I need coffee for more than two people. And as much as I enjoy the process, tending to it while brewing is less than convenient when in the morning rush to get out of the house. My mother and my sister and her family are coming to stay with us for a week over the holidays and I saw the Moccamaster on sale and had some Amazon gift cards from an LADWP promo so I was able to get it for almost nothing.

This thing is pretty great. Still getting dialed in with quantity and courseness of my grind but I gotta say it brews coffee on par with the pour over I’ve been making with my chemex and v60. One tip I read online that makes a big difference is leaving the basket open and stirring the grinds with a spoon to bloom in the beginning of thebrew cycle.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Long time pour over guy who’s been eyeing the moccamaster for a while now. Ilike my chemex results and had it really dialed but it’s kind of a drag when hosting and I need coffee for more than two people. And as much as I enjoy the process, tending to it while brewing is less than convenient when in the morning rush to get out of the house. My mother and my sister and her family are coming to stay with us for a week over the holidays and I saw the Moccamaster on sale and had some Amazon gift cards from an LADWP promo so I was able to get it for almost nothing.

This thing is pretty great. Still getting dialed in with quantity and courseness of my grind but I gotta say it brews coffee on par with the pour over I’ve been making with my chemex and v60. One tip I read online that makes a big difference is leaving the basket open and stirring the grinds with a spoon to bloom in the beginning of thebrew cycle.
The Bunn heat N brew is pretty much automatic pour hot h20 into coffee sick over cup only "10 cups as you can get. We have had ours for about a month and even my CR wife admits its the same :shaka:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
These have completely eliminated any need to force down disgusting energy drinks while trying to stay awake on the road. They're everywhere too. Not an assbucks fan but it does the trick at only 10 calories.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Still using Chemex most days for morning coffee, only now I am using the filters a second time.

I did also just get a Bialetti Moka Pot for when I need a jump in the early afternoon, but never after 2pm.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I can't remember if I've posted in this thread already or not.

For the last few months I've dropped my coffee intake by a lot. When I was making drip at home, I'd have 3-4 cups. The Mrs. bought an Espresso machine. I make a latte in the morning with oatmilk. I might have a half cup of drip at work. That's about it.

We still have a crappy 12 cup drip maker. Used it on Thanksgiving with family, but otherwise it sits in the corner unused.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Oh yeah been using this too. It's the only dairy substitute I like at all, and I actually like it in coffee. I tried the Laird stuff, crap. Every now and then I'll get heavy whipping cream as a treat...man do I LOVE that in coffee.

I had some half/half leftover this week and used that. mixed it with Oatmilk. So a quarter, quarter & half

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I generally drink crummy brand name coffee in a drip maker, but I do love coffee and I appreciate a good cup of coffee when I get one. Once again, for what it's worth, half and half is the one little extravagance that is crucial for me. Without that, it's gonna have to be a real good cup of coffee. Milk is second choice anything else is just settling for what I got, trying to make it drinkable.
Behind the bar I was fond of ice cream mix for those kind of coffee drinks. I used to get the ladies once in a while, using my cunning mixing prowess.
Look at me now. Happily married though, but sober and talking about grocery store coffee amongst aficionado's.

Gonna retry the pour over which Ive been seeing but didn't really know about. Been there out of necessity which is not a pour over. I sorry