The Atlantic is a joke

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
:ROFLMAO: You should be voting for people like Trump who will work hard to lower taxes for people in your bracket, if money is your primary concern.
People like trump make America worse. That’s more important to me than tax breaks. I brag about how much I make AFOAF is absolutely correct. But you never hear me ranting about taxation is theft or railing against the social safety nets and so on. I’m a libertarian in the sense that I don’t think drugs should be Illegal. I do believe in the social contract and the common Good. And I do believe a society is judged by how it treats its weakest members.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
People like trump make America worse. That’s more important to me than tax breaks. I brag about how much I make AFOAF is absolutely correct. But you never hear me ranting about taxation is theft or railing against the social safety nets and so on. I’m a libertarian in the sense that I don’t think drugs should be Illegal. I do believe in the social contract and the common Good. And I do believe a society is judged by how it treats its weakest members.
You don't sound at all like a libertarian.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Why do I have to be any one thing? i love and hate everything

edit: my father was an anarchist/libertarian, and my mother is a Quaker lefty activist and has been her whole life. And they were both passionate, informed, and eloquent about their beliefs as I grew up. so that’s where I come from.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Instead they'll live as vegetables. Is that worth it?
live as vegetables?
im watching tons of kids headed home from school right now
looking like normal kids
Not vegetables

of course there may be some who this effected more than others
but for those, if it wasnt this that got to them, it mightve been something else

most kids are emotionally recovered

Reactions: hammies

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I know of several people well into their 70s and 80s, who are currently sailing around the world singlehanded.

You're fucking gross.
this concept is soooo intriguing to me and also soooo fkn scary

like, open ocean sh!t is just eeeeechhhhk .... it freaks me way the fk out

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
this concept is soooo intriguing to me and also soooo fkn scary

like, open ocean sh!t is just eeeeechhhhk .... it freaks me way the fk out
Crossing an ocean single handed is nuts but going around the world NON-STOP singlehanded is lunacy.
8 months at sea, catnapping and eating dried food.

Golden Globe Race is currently in progress.
Gnarly.

Solo to Hawaii on a budget

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Some people respect and revere their elders
others think they’re disposable

honestly, it’s sad
That's what you're taking away from this? That's as bad as Fecal

We knew who was at risk, therefore, those people needed to protect themselves. We didn't need to treat the rest of society and the economy as disposable

Also, it's more important always to protect children over the elderly. One is the future, one is the past. Those who are the adults, the present, are the ones who are disposable

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I know of several people well into their 70s and 80s, who are currently sailing around the world singlehanded.

You're fucking gross.
They're the healthy ones who aren't at risk

And in the sun, so they're getting the best resistance against the cold possible

But you getting offended by this is exactly why empathy is dangerous. You can't use any logic or ethics to think on these situations. It's all about feelings.

You'll gladly sacrifice the many to save the few

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
So always sacrifice the many for the few. Got it
sacrifice?
it’s ok if kids sacrifice some for the benefit of others, isn’t it?

this “Kids lives were destroyed “ thing isn’t going to help the kids move on and be normal
the energy spent Screeching about punishment might be better spent supporting those whose lives you think were destoyed
while fostering the ideas that we learn from the past, without dwelling on missteps

Reactions: Aruka

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
sacrifice?
it’s ok if kids sacrifice some for the benefit of others, isn’t it?

this “Kids lives were destroyed “ thing isn’t going to help the kids move on and be normal
the energy spent Screeching about punishment might be better spent supporting those whose lives you think were destoyed
while fostering the ideas that we learn from the past, without dwelling on missteps
Yes, we learn from the past, and ensure it never happens again.

Punishment isn't physical, or even imprisonment. It's as easy as voting out any elected official who supported this, it's wiping out school boards in this election and replacing them with people who were against the lockdowns. This can happen locally where your vote actually counts

And an attitude where you think holding people responsible and giving them consequences is "dwelling on missteps" is not giving support to those who were injured by those missteps

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Also, it's more important always to protect children over the elderly. One is the future, one is the past. Those who are the adults, the present, are the ones who are disposable
Why does anybody have to be disposable?

Would you make yourself and your family disposable?

False dillema. Also, gross.

Narcissism is way more dangerous than empathy.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Yes, we learn from the past, and ensure it never happens again.

Punishment isn't physical, or even imprisonment. It's as easy as voting out any elected official who supported this, it's wiping out school boards in this election and replacing them with people who were against the lockdowns. This can happen locally where your vote actually counts

And an attitude where you think holding people responsible and giving them consequences is "dwelling on missteps" is not giving support to those who were injured by those missteps
well, voting makes sense
but “never forget” implies more than that
and I did think you were calling for imprisonment or something

maybe it was prcd calling for beheading or stoning or some other biblical revenge, but I thought it was you

Reactions: Aruka