afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I took a pass...it seemed too heavy at the time

new wes anderson this year, yeah?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I thought Warriors would have been great if I saw it when I was 13-16 years old. Sort of like watching Grease for the first time in your 30s/40s. Missed the boat.
I really liked Sound of Metal.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I got halfway through Coming 2 America on Prime. What a turd. So many scenes themed after the big current events of the past year+ (f trump, metoo, BLM) and cheezy part1 nostalgia. Not even par with Next Friday as a bad comedy sequel and the prince was sort of a wannabe Chris Tucker. Super cheesy and zero balls. Grade - D for dogsh1t. I wouldn't waste the hour + to finish it.

Last edited:

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Yes, just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales for the 100th plus time.

Followed it up with Jeremiah Johnson.

Best double feature eva!
Love stumbling across a good western marathon...The Good, The Bad, The Fugly is hard to turn off

Reactions: keenfish

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I signed up for HBO on Amazon. I figure if I watch about 15 flicks a month and cancel before the next billing cycle it's worth it. I can subscribe to another service and do the same w/o having to rewatch or wait for stuff to be released.
This weekend:
Biloxi Blues
Little Man Tate
Down & Out in Beverly Hills
Watched Thin Red Line for like the 5th time this year on Prime
I have a login in a text for Netflix - will search for The Florida Project :p

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I signed up for HBO on Amazon. I figure if I watch about 15 flicks a month and cancel before the next billing cycle it's worth it. I can subscribe to another service and do the same w/o having to rewatch or wait for stuff to be released.
This weekend:
Biloxi Blues
Little Man Tate
Down & Out in Beverly Hills
Watched Thin Red Line for like the 5th time this year on Prime
I have a login in a text for Netflix - will search for The Florida Project :p

Thin Red Line>Private Ryan

Down & Out in Beverly Hills is a largely forgotten classic. I just made my GF who's 9yrs younger and missed out on a lot of 80's flicks watch it and she enjoyed it. Nick Nolte is great in it. And Little Richard as the neighbor.

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
Thin Red Line>Private Ryan

Down & Out in Beverly Hills is a largely forgotten classic. I just made my GF who's 9yrs younger and missed out on a lot of 80's flicks watch it and she enjoyed it. Nick Nolte is great in it. And Little Richard as the neighbor.
I saw that movie exactly once, in the theater when it came out. I liked it, and aim to watch it again.

Reactions: john4surf

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Rocking the cradle :monkey:
Yeah, I forgot how good that was. Little Richard still had a great voice and his character wasn't cheesy.
Thin Red Line is like the most "beautiful" war film I've ever seen. The cinematography and music, narration. The neck high grass scenes were awesome and terrifying. Though the A+ actor list was a bit over the top and I thought John Savage redoing his Deer Hunter character was kinda dumb. It smoked Private Ryan.

Reactions: rice and $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Rocking the cradle :monkey:
Yeah, I forgot how good that was. Little Richard still had a great voice and his character wasn't cheesy.
Thin Red Line is like the most "beautiful" war film I've ever seen. The cinematography and music, narration. The neck high grass scenes were awesome and terrifying. Though the A+ actor list was a bit over the top and I thought John Savage redoing his Deer Hunter character was kinda dumb. It smoked Private Ryan.
The Normandy opening of private Ryan is epic and pretty much unmatched when it comes to recreating the battlefield of war. But the rest of the movie is just pretty okay beyond the beach.

I know people are divided on it but I thought 1917 was excellent. Not sure if it’ll hold up outside the theater. But I felt shell shocked when the credits rolled.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Taxi Driver
Opening scene, driving in the rain and lights.
DeNiro trying to get his groove on, shut down hard.
DeNiro gets crazy
At the end, same ol, same ol, driving in the rain and lights. Nothing changed.

Good movie

LOL. Godzilla vs Kong is pretty entertaining/funny also. Spoiler alert, there's no secret scene in the credits.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The Northman by Robert Eggers was, i thought, very good. Its on Prime. I liked his other films The Witch and The Lighthouse as well.

Reactions: Watervalley