October Surprise: Nancy Pelosi’s Home Broken into

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Insofar as internet sleuths searching for rumor, hearsay, and innuendo to back up their particular political persuasions, it's the usual bullshit.
You'll have to admit something is a little off about the story though.

The gay thing - there's a lot of other reasons this guy could have been in the house.

Personally, it seems the details released so far indicate PP at least knew the attacker.

From the initial welfare check, to the 3rd person milling around, to PP knowing the attacker's name, the attacker letting him use the bathroom and take his phone with him, to PP leaving the bathroom knowing he would be unprotected from the attacker.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Have we heard from AOC?
"Last year, a GOP Congressman shared a depiction of himself killing me. When the House rose to censure, @GOPLeader defended him,” AOC tweeted on Saturday.

“Yesterday, a man sharing that member’s rhetoric tried to assassinate the Speaker and her spouse. What has @GOPLeader said? Nothing. This is who he is.”

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
This is exactly what I saw in my nearly 10 years of living up there - normal people giving up
Alameda Naval Air Station? You might be too young to have worked there. One of my uncles did but then got transferred up to Seattle and I haven't really seen him since. Submarine guy. I'll bet you'd define him as "normal" because he's hetero and military. I find "normal" a pretty useless word. Like saying what is a normal surfboard.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I agree the story is strange but I missed this part. Please explain
- the initial welfare check
- the 3rd person milling around
- PP knowing the attacker's name
- the attacker letting him use the bathroom and take his phone with him
- PP leaving the bathroom knowing he would be unprotected from the attacker.

All of the above sound like someone familiar to PP.

Like there was concern, but no real alarm. A crazy family member or friend with a drug issue break-in type scenario.

I read thousands of police reports when I was a crime reporter - this one would probably clear up a lot of the questions. And it sounds like a hell of a alot of the very common scenarios I used to read - and pretty much always the person who is the victim of the break-in knows the burglar.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
"Last year, a GOP Congressman shared a depiction of himself killing me. When the House rose to censure, @GOPLeader defended him,” AOC tweeted on Saturday.

“Yesterday, a man sharing that member’s rhetoric tried to assassinate the Speaker and her spouse. What has @GOPLeader said? Nothing. This is who he is.”
Wasn't la peluda on the other side of the country? Or does AOC know something that she's not sharing?