*** Official Countdown to @Pico losing the bet to Sharkbiscuit once Unindicted Co-conspirator/Individual 1 announces he's running in 2024 Thread ***

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Okay when we first made this bet it was he must announce. Then it was he must announce as a Republican, and I didn't have an issue with that. Now it's he must run on the GOP ticket, which implies he has to win the GOP Primary. It seems the goalposts keep shifting, or is that my imagination and filing to run in the GOP Primary is enough?
Ok I retract that statement. He does not have to win the GOP primary. I didnt mean that. He just has to run as a Republican for realz. Not a green party or anything. MAGA

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
When does the GOP start doing their back-of-the-envelope calculations and realizing:

-Chump and his rhetoric will loose them a bunch of votes. He already has a loosing record.

-the primary campaigns, ads, and debates will get very ugly and very personal and will either make other repubs with presidential aspirations look bad (ruining their future prospects),

-the campaign will make chump look bad and he'll just burn the whole place down again.

either way, I want to see this place like a fkin zoo.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Ok I retract that statement. He does not have to win the GOP primary. I didnt mean that. He just has to run as a Republican for realz. Not a green party or anything. MAGA
Ffs, who actually thinks he’s not going to run?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
The thing I always thought was too ambiguous was “announce”
he could throw and off handed comment, and even leave it to some interpretation
would that count?
or does he actually need to make it official in some way?
was that defined for your bet?

Reactions: hal9000

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
The thing I always thought was too ambiguous was “announce”
he could throw and off handed comment, and even leave it to some interpretation
would that count?
or does he actually need to make it official in some way?
was that defined for your bet?
Candidates (including incumbents) must file a Statement of Candidacy for each election cycle in which they are candidates. All candidates file with the FEC, electronically or by paper. Candidates who file electronically are required to use Form 2.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
one step closer

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sharkbuiscut, is that your understanding?
Yeah sure I mean if he gets locked dizown and can't run legally and still announces I'll take the L even if I'll have to hustle to pay ol' Pico before the nation's comms infrastructure is burned to the ground. But if he's not a convicted felon by the Wednesday after the midterms or whenever, and protip, he won't be, and he announces, he'll be all kinds of paperworked. It's his party.

Reactions: Pico

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Bump.

Not that I think the polling will actually affect whether Trump runs or not and thus the bet (spoiler alert - he's running. Two words. Cash. Flow.) but let's have a look at the national 2024 GOP primary polls since I last topped Pico's dreams, errr, I mean this thread.

tl;dr Trump is kicking DeSantis's dick in by 5-6 touchdowns.

* Yes. We at Sharkbiscuit are aware DeSantis is barely beating Trump in Florida and the media is going full soyface trying to hype it because they're paid to say that. But we agree with the data - DeSantis is ever so slightly more appealing to the GOP Primary electorate than Rubio.

BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

We could have been campaign stars
Remember we was jacking sci documents
Now it's not safe for Venezuelans fleeing communism and seeking asylum in Texas
You should have flown Trump voters out of humidity to Martha's Vineyard

Reactions: Pico

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
When does the GOP start doing their back-of-the-envelope calculations and realizing:

-Chump and his rhetoric will loose them a bunch of votes. He already has a loosing record.

-the primary campaigns, ads, and debates will get very ugly and very personal and will either make other repubs with presidential aspirations look bad (ruining their future prospects),

-the campaign will make chump look bad and he'll just burn the whole place down again.

either way, I want to see this place like a fkin zoo.
It all hinges on how Trump's candidates do in Nov. The House races are all in safe R districts so that's locked in. But pay close attention to the Senate races where Trump has a candidate in November. If his guys (Herschel, Oz, Johnson, Vance) lose then the GOP will start seriously searching for a Trump alternative in 2024.