"These six cities are emerging as new ex-pat hot spots"

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
only boring people get bored

i am retired so not sure someone who loves tubes like i doncould be in a much better spot
currently in my ac room looking at the indian ocean watching hard knocks on the tv
will go get tubed soon

enjoy your day
Right there with you @Truth .... got a couple of stand up Central American barrels today and then enjoyed the sunset from my pool with a glass of wine. Think i"ll do the exact same thing tomorrow.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Santa Ana River - Orange County? Before you @ssholes post lame comments about conditions in 3rd world countries .... maybe you should take a look at conditions in "Murica" ... start with the city streets of San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, the Santa Ana River in Orange County ..... then take a look at Chicago, New York and Philadelphia. I would bet most of you reading this probably don't have a f*cking clue because you've never traveled outside the country for any length of time much less the county that you live in. You are quick to point the finger and criticize conditions in other countries but turn a blind eye to similar conditions in your own country that you most likely drive by on a daily basis. F*cking hypocrites all - you know who you are ... look in the mirror and take your MAGA - Republican - Conservative - Religious sh!t and shove it up your @as and STFU. Chew on that M*'f*CKERS!
I'm sorry this is happening to you.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Before you @ssholes post lame comments about conditions in 3rd world countries .... maybe you should take a look at conditions in "Murica" ... start with the city streets of San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, the Santa Ana River in Orange County ..... then take a look at Chicago, New York and Philadelphia. I would bet most of you reading this probably don't have a f*cking clue because you've never traveled outside the country for any length of time much less the county that you live in. You are quick to point the finger and criticize conditions in other countries but turn a blind eye to similar conditions in your own country that you most likely drive by on a daily basis. F*cking hypocrites all - you know who you are ... look in the mirror and take your MAGA - Republican - Conservative - Religious sh!t and shove it up your @as and STFU. Chew on that M*'f*CKERS!
I'd have to agree, any major US city has the same issues. All you US dwelling ocean adjacent keyboard critics should consider yourself lucky to not have been raised in a 3rd world environment. Caca just loves to shitpost, driving through ZA he has to have seen what actual poverty with no chance of escape looks like.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'd have to agree, any major US city has the same issues. All you US dwelling ocean adjacent keyboard critics should consider yourself lucky to not have been raised in a 3rd world environment. Caca just loves to shitpost, driving through ZA he has to have seen what actual poverty with no chance of escape looks like.
I'm not shitposting.

I'm saying the irony of the aforementioned line is striking to me based on my travel and living experiences in the Global South.

InterNations Expat Insider should have said "great place to live (for a small portion of the population while a large percentage of the rest of the population is getting absolutely crapped on.)"

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
who reads such material besides the semi-privileged with ample free time? every platform has an audience, this one isn't directed to those without the means to travel the globe freely.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
InterNations Expat Insider should have said "great place to live (for a small portion of the population while a large percentage of the rest of the population is getting absolutely crapped on.)"
Well yeah, that's basically what expats are/do just about everywhere :toilet:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
who reads such material besides the semi-privileged with ample free time? every platform has an audience, this one isn't directed to those without the means to travel the globe freely.
Obviously.

Personally I was disappointed Zimbabwe did not make the list.

7 bedrooms and a borehole in Harare, all for $1500/month...just to hold hold you over while you build the estate of your dreams.

I am told downtown Harare is quite hip, lots of millionaires running around, with a gritty side reminiscent of the Tenderloin - but with African flair. :)

Last edited:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I am told downtown Harare is quite hip, lots of millionaires running around, with a gritty side reminiscent of the Tenderloin - but with African flair. :)
The only two places for a white person to reside on the African continent are ZA and Maroc, Both dogshit countries as a whole but have some nice areas within.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I'm totally LMAO @ U DUM DUMS!!!!!

Also, I'm not Al Soldano, but I am 'glad' you have such a limited world view.

Yeah, only two places for white people in the African continent. I guess my ex-girlfriend did not get that memo when she moved to Zimbabwe, or when she proceeded to Kenya to start a crocodile farm. She's quite successful, and should she get the permits she's been after from the EU to import the meat and skin here, she'll be richer than all of us put together. As it is, she's already made a small fortune... and never even set foot in Morocco nor SA. Wierd huh?

Also, all the expats scattered around the world improving their local communities didn't get the memo either. Wonder what happened there?

Not to toot my own horn, but when I arrived in this town, first American ever to do so, people tied their dogs to cinder blocks on their roofs... that way the animals could 'watch' all 4 sides of the home for security... they were watered and fed once a week, if that, and never touched nor cared for... there's only one home holding out doing that still. The rest now even walk their pets daily, or take them down to the cliffs to run every couple of days. Yeah, it didn't change much for the people, other than their stopping abuse of their dogs... but I bet you the dogs sure are grateful!!!

The poor guy in town who lives with no electricity, who used to be shunned for his economic/financial bad luck,
now gets talked to and treated like a normal human being. This started, he tells me, back 20 years ago when I first started taking him those plastic camping ice packs every 12 hours, so he could at least keep his food and meds fresh. It's a serious pain in the ass to do, but Fook it, well worth any discomfort and going out of my way. Especially, when I learned that that simple act, started his immediate next door neighbors actually speaking to him, interacting with him and more importantly accepting him for what he is, a person down on their luck, but still a person.

Sounds to me like the posters here who crap on expats so frequently are just projecting what THEY would be like moving into an empoverished area.

I highly doubt @Truth or @flyinraptr are anything like what has been described here, gentrificationists.

I'm certain many posters here would improve the local communities we're they to expat somewhere; I'm equally as certain that others would rather 'not mix with the poor locals' and become gentrificationists given the opportunity.

It's not about where you live, it's about how you are as a person. Period.

:shrug::socrazy::shrug::shameonyou::shrug:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Yeah, only two places for white people in the African continent. I guess my ex-girlfriend did not get that memo when she moved to Zimbabwe, or when she proceeded to Kenya to start a crocodile farm. She's quite successful, and should she get the permits she's been after from the EU to import the meat and skin here, she'll be richer than all of us put together. As it is, she's already made a small fortune... and never even set foot in Morocco nor SA. Wierd huh?
n=1

your anecdotes while highly amusing have no application towards the everyday person

croc meat and skin? the demand for that seems like it would be quite low besides use in "high fashion" items

good on her for making a business in a shithole turd world country, many people from Zim leave to go work in ZA

No sane white person without a reason to do so would choose to reside there, as much of the rest of the continent where the QOL is even lower than the more developed ethnically diverse areas of North and South Africa. They don't even have enough electricity in ZA for the whole country, can't imagine what it's like in shittier countries

Some people don't want to rough it and prefer the comforts of the modern developed world, I enjoy being able to visit the grocery store and find a wide variety of items of convenience and delight, a reliable postal service that actually delivers parcels to their intended location in a timely fashion, etc.

It's nice you've cared for the locals while exploiting them at the same time :shaka:

A slumlord always needs a fresh batch of bodies to fill those doors up

What better way than making them think you're their friend?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Doubt any renter, who has a place at fair market price and isn't being evicted to have the place turned into an Airbnb, as practically all rentals are in this market, feels slumlorded over. But you must know more about that than anyone else, as you so eloquently prove by expounding the "logic" that only sane people are those who think as you.

You'd make a "great" addition to any community. It's pretty clear.

n=1

your anecdotes while highly amusing have no application towards the everyday person

croc meat and skin? the demand for that seems like it would be quite low besides use in "high fashion" items

good on her for making a business in a shithole turd world country, many people from Zim leave to go work in ZA

No sane white person without a reason to do so would choose to reside there, as much of the rest of the continent where the QOL is even lower than the more developed ethnically diverse areas of North and South Africa. They don't even have enough electricity in ZA for the whole country, can't imagine what it's like in shittier countries

Some people don't want to rough it and prefer the comforts of the modern developed world, I enjoy being able to visit the grocery store and find a wide variety of items of convenience and delight, a reliable postal service that actually delivers parcels to their intended location in a timely fashion, etc.

It's nice you've cared for the locals while exploiting them at the same time :shaka:

A slumlord always needs a fresh batch of bodies to fill those doors up

What better way than making them think you're their friend?
People eat crocodile meat, it's very nutritious, and cheap to farm.

Yeah, crocodile leather is only good for high end products... :shameonyou::roflmao::shameonyou: ...keep demonstrating my point of "limited world view".

How's the keyboard treating you?

:computer::computer::computer::porcorn::computer::computer::computer:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:foreheadslap::loser::foreheadslap:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
People eat crocodile meat, it's very nutritious, and cheap to farm.

Yeah, crocodile leather is only good for high end products... :shameonyou::roflmao::shameonyou: ...keep demonstrating my point of "limited world view".
I'm sure they do, just not in vast quantities.

Reptiles are interesting creatures but they don't belong on a dinner plate

Not much a fan of aquatic cuisine anyway, whether it inhabited salt or freshwater

Good on you for not evicting them to chase higher potential rates on AirBnB, with the thinness of your margins it's commendable :roflmao:

We're living in the exponential age but you're still stuck in the previous century mindset :monkey:

Why grind for years when you can leap frog to the finish line in a short few? Makes no sense really

It's like sitting on the freeway in traffic for hours when you've the option to take the private jet and get there in 15 minutes :waving: