Twitter....done?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Elon exposed Twitter for the biased and toxic bot-infested troll farm that it is, which may have been his goal all along :beer:

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
This was a hostile takeover before he moved the goal posts and attempted to renegotiate and failed.
Elon suspected that Twitter had a lot more trolls than they let on, and it turned out he was right. The price was based on an actual percentage of users being legitimate.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Elon suspected that Twitter had a lot more trolls than they let on, and it turned out he was right. The price was based on an actual percentage of users being legitimate.
Tell us again how you thought this was a selfless act of generosity of Elon’s in the name of free speech. If that were actually the case he could have bought it for his initial offering which is still a fraction of his net worth and done whatever he damn well pleased with the Russian bots. The reality is this was never about free speech or the greater good.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Twitter is a money-losing enterprise whose users are primarily political gasbags, self-absorbed celebrities and wannabee celebrities, and lazy journalists who copy and paste tweets and call it "work". Musk should avoid at all costs and concentrate on SpaceX and Tesla, companies that actually do stuff (and make him look good).

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Tell us again how you thought this was a selfless act of generosity of Elon’s in the name of free speech.
strawman much? I never said that. I’ve said plenty of times that he would likely use Twitter to advance his own business interests.

If that were actually the case he could have bought it for his initial offering which is still a fraction of his net worth and done whatever he damn well pleased with the Russian bots. The reality is this was never about free speech or the greater good.
Cool strawman bro, well done :roflmao:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Not only were the Twitter executives lying to Musk about the fake accounts, they've basically been lying to their shareholders and anyone who buys ad content on the platform. They could be mired in lawsuits for years.

I love when stupid people think they're the first to think of something.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you're saying this without any evidence

he's making this claim with no substantiation

likely because he wants out of the deal since the entire market just sh!t the bed and the initial offer price is now overpaying

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I love when stupid people think they're the first to think of something.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Instagram really went down hill in the past year.
I really thought it was a good way to share photos with friends and family without politics. Some pushed their stupid agendas and I blocked them and I could do my brainless browsing of surf, skate, fishing, chicks and thought it was great. Now I watch videos of people doing hair, dead lifting, reacting to a meal. wtf

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink