14 Students and a teacher dead at a Texas Elementary School

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
There are mass killings that have been executed (poor word choice there) with knives/swords. Google it.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You're saying that a rock, a hammered a baseball bat, a knife, and an ar-15 that fires up to 45 rounds per minute are all equal in terms of ease, convenience, and effort required to inflict damage?
Thankfully there haven't been any school catapultings.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Just wait until I unveil my new pit bull catapult.

"Over the wall Fluffy! Kill!"

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Just wait until I unveil my new pit bull catapult.

"Over the wall Fluffy! Kill!"
The Dobie-O-Matic of Far Side fame just isn't enough anymore.

What would do more damage?

Catapulting pitbulls onto the playground during recess or catapulting kids into a fenced pitbull enclosure?

How many 10 year olds could a pitbull eat? Would they stay on one or diversify?

Things to consider.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The Dobie-O-Matic of Far Side fame just isn't enough anymore.

What would do more damage?

Catapulting pitbulls onto the playground during recess or catapulting kids into a fenced pitbull enclosure?

How many 10 year olds could a pitbull eat? Would they stay on one or diversify?

Things to consider.
If they prefer white meat or dark meat, does that make the pitbulls racist? Asking for a friend.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Funny, though, I haven't heard of any mass killings using a rock, sword or hammer.

I seriously think the reason the AR-15 is popular is because they look cool. I think they look cool. Like an A-10 Warthog or Apache attack helicopter. It's the same aesthetic. Like the Jeep with a light bar, winch, and axe, shovel and traction boards mounted on the racks. It looks "technical," ready for business. (Hey Ifall, you got accessories for your Jeep?). The reason we have killing with these weapons now and didn't 25 years ago, is because the badass ones were not around back then or were not marketed. Now any kid who watches movies sees them in action. Sometimes it's the good guys kicking ass with them. Yeah baby.

Problem is, now, when a kid (or adult in arrested development) gets really pissed off, it's a known option. Oh yeah? Well then, I'm gonna fuk you up.
25 years ago was 1997

Die Hard came out in 1988, Commando 1985

The "badass" ones were around then

I do agree with your overall point though

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Again, AR15s are very good, very efficient tools designed specifically for killing human beings.

This is the reason the right of private ownership of these weapons needs to be protected at all costs.
Ownership should be protected because they are specifically designed to kill humans? I'd love to read an actual logical argument about this.

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
So why are armies and mass shooters not using deer rifles?

So fucking dishonest, all the time.
The primary rifle used by US Army snipers is a customized Remington model 700 firing a round that is very similar to the .308 that is popular for deer hunting. Now they are also using the Barrett .50 and the TAC338 which is what you'll see in the movie American Sniper.

Here is the standard Army issue Remington M24 sniper rifle.

Here is a bone stock Remington 700 that is very popular for deer hunting which you can buy at your favorite gun store, Cabellas/Bass Pro starting at $499. They also make a cheap model 783 that is basically the same for $349.

Here is a heavily modified Remington 700 set up for competition putting holes in targets at long range or hitting steel targets.

And here it is in the movie The Deer Hunter.......

Last edited:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
remember the “fish frys” or maybe the “anything but 3” get togethers...?

could we organize something where a bunch of us show up with our fave and sundry firearms and ordnance?

that’d be so cool... maybe come to some type of beachgoing consensus/settle some petty scores...

since some of you don’t bother surfing anymore, how about we have it on the boardwalk in venice - collateral damage wouldn’t be much of an issue... ?

do i remember a vid clip of a bunch of weirdos on wavestorms bumrushing uppers/lowers ?

something like that...

aim for the hottest day in august.

hawgboy could work out the details and set up the terms of engagement...

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Thankfully there haven't been any school catapultings.

We joke about catapulting, but what happens if someone (God forbid) does the thing that happened back in april in afghanistan? Would we say "welp......nothing can be done.....no way to avoid it.......cost of freedumz"?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

Detailed analysis of the timeline.

Edit: Apparently, it was the school district police that has jurisdiction over schools and all other police had to follow its commands.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal9000

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Ownership should be protected because they are specifically designed to kill humans? I'd love to read an actual logical argument about this.
Because the second amendment is there as a deterrent to the government turning on its people. The better the weapon in the hands of citizens the better the deterrent, and the more a nefarious government would want to take from us (hence the importance of the need for protection).

In a similar way, the 1st amendment isn’t there to protect speech we all like. It’s there to protect things we don’t want to hear from people we hate. But it’s especially there to protect speech that is dangerous to those in power.

• Haha
Reactions: kidfury and Sharky