14 Students and a teacher dead at a Texas Elementary School

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think the problem is multi variate.

To say that unregulated access to firearms is not one of the variables is either stupid or evil.

It something to watch the GOP try to exclude it from their frame.

I wonder how they feel when they do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's not surprising the same people who weren't bothered by lockdowns and mandates are the same people who want mass disarmament
Why are you mischaracterizing?

Who is calling for prohibition?

This is like the "killing the baby when the head pops out of the womb because she feels like it" trope.

Straw man for everyone!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Yet such a large segment of society - - I’m looking at you @GromsDad - - feels compelled to unconditionally put them on a golden pedestal just for signing up and making it out of the academy. Are Blue Lives Matter flags the ultimate participation ribbons?
The pigs showed up when your doormat was being raped by a homeless person.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Cops were probably following a protacol.

The crazy cops that run toward violence are probably weeded out by the system.

In Restreopo Sebastian Junger said the best fighters were drunks who loved to fight.

They got into trouble when they would be back at Bagram Airbase.

But those were the guys who would go rescue people under gunfire.

Wartime solider vs Peacetime solider.

Reactions: Phi1 and Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why are you mischaracterizing?

Who is calling for prohibition?

This is like the "killing the baby when the head pops out of the womb because she feels like it" trope.

Straw man for everyone!
I can think of 3 people, maybe 4 in this thread

Now extrapolate that out to the whole population, and while you’re at it, see which ones were covid warriors too

There is no mischaracterization here

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can think of 3 people, maybe 4 in this thread

Now extrapolate that out to the whole population, and while you’re at it, see which ones were covid warriors too

There is no mischaracterization here
Can you name one?

Also, I don't think anyone liked the shutdowns and mandates.

Some people groused about it less.

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad and mundus

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Yet such a large segment of society - - I’m looking at you @GromsDad - - feels compelled to unconditionally put them on a golden pedestal just for signing up and making it out of the academy. Are Blue Lives Matter flags the ultimate participation ribbons?
gromsdad hates cops. he has made it abundantly clear that he has no problem seeing them get beaten into the ground. his preferred bludgeon is the aluminum staff of an American flag.

• Love
Reactions: CutnSnip and $kully

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
gromsdad hates cops. he has made it abundantly clear that he has no problem seeing them get beaten into the ground. his preferred bludgeon is the aluminum staff of an American flag.
Except when they are unlawfully abusing minorities.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I'm surprised that no one has produced cynical gun ads for televesion - like an ad for an AR-15 featuring a boyish looking 18 year old heading in to a store to purchase while taking selfies in the shop, maybe creating some memes about killing some haters, etc.
Would be a powerful ad. Could be something like...
'the AR-15 :the gun of choice for mowing down your peers'... or some slogan like this. Then maybe a psa about purchasing a smaller gun if you intend to liberate yourself from earth before the cops get to you (b/c it's hard to aim the ar at yourself)

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It's not surprising the same people who weren't bothered by lockdowns and mandates are the same people who want mass disarmament
The same people who were shrieking about kids wearing masks in schools want to turn schools into prisons where kids “learn” under the watch of govt funded paramilitary guards.