Long distance relationships?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
wow almost a year later. had a couple boring dates - did not bang. :(. 27 is to young. ive found for me 35 is a sweetspot.

year in general has a been a nightmare for dating tho. sticking to some booty calls ive acquired in the meantime. met one 2 floors up who is hornier than i am.
I see you have never seen this masterpiece

Reactions: CutnSnip

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I met my wife on Bumble.
Right place, right time, right person sort of situation.

My very brief tenure on the apps was fun, but ultimately draining. I was almost relieved to get off of them when we met and things kept clicking. I went from being married to being on the apps with hyperspeed at a very unstable point in my life. I wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more with some time to get my sh!t together instead of as a bandaid of the traumatic end of a marriage.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
while in indo have had the same gf for a few years - this year have been back and forth a few times and was just there for 6 weeks - we have done the long distance - not bad - when really far away
she fooks other guys regardless, "long distance" is a misnomer and doesn't work unless you were already in a real
long-term committed relationship beforehand

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I've been in a long distance relationship for years now, especially since we became empty nesters. I hang in the living room and wife hangs in the BR. Working pretty well.
we do a certain amount of that here too lol. Thank goodness for king size beds and two story homes, got us through the pandemic

Reactions: sdsrfr

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I also did the long distance thing.

Before my first wife was my ex wife, she moved to San Jose while I still lived in NCSD. She was going to an expensive private school to be a teacher :bricks: and I was working dead end jobs and having fun with my little travel/surf job.I told her I would try to come move up when she got a job and I would visit frequently. So we did. I liked having my free time back. I moved home with mom while I figured out the next steps and travelled a lot. I drove the 5 a lot. She cheated. I held off for a long time, then I cheated, but only after we moved in together....

IT was dumb. We clearly should have broke up 10 years before we did.

Post marriage:

Did some quick long distance after that. A girl in Orange County that I had a thing with when I was in The Bay. Lots of snapchat videos. I'd see her when I was down south and she flew up once. It was fun, but she was kinda one note.Plus, I kid you not, I told myself that I wouldn't be able to handle the noises she made in bed for the rest of my life. Kind of exercised the demon and broke her heart. I had to block her after I broke up with her and she kept sending nudes.

Did another quick long distance around the same time. Overlapping really. Met her on the app in NCSD, had a few dates, had some fun, then I had to head back to The Bay. She flew up, we had a cute weekend in SJ & SF, then I ghosted her. I felt really bad afterward, but there was no way I was pursuing further and I met my wife soon after.

A couple Santa Cruz to San Jose long distance things. One was kinda creepy clingy. Real Estate. Maybe a little older, or at least acted older than me. Another that was sweet, looked like Kirsten Dunst, but ultimately was never going anywhere.

In the end, maybe half would've made the cut once I got the post marriage rage out, but it was an any port in a storm situation.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I met my wife on Bumble.

My very brief tenure on the apps was fun, but ultimately draining. I was almost relieved to get off of them when we met and things kept clicking. I went from being married to being on the apps with hyperspeed at a very unstable point in my life. I wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more with some time to get my sh!t together instead of as a bandaid of the traumatic end of a marriage.
consider yourself lucky and cheers to finding someone you love. :cheers:

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I met my wife on Bumble.

Got damm you sound like a glutton for punishment. ;)

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
wow almost a year later. had a couple boring dates - did not bang. :(. 27 is to young.

ive found for me 35 is a sweetspot.

year in general has a been a nightmare for dating tho. sticking to some booty calls ive acquired in the meantime. met one 2 floors up who is hornier than i am.

i literally ghosted some chick a few weeks ago - had to block her number/hinge/socials - and she still sent me 25 bucks on my bday via venmo. dodged seriuos crazy with that one.
Thanks for the update.

But let me get this right (the bold part)....the woman two floors up, you're not hooking up with her any more? Or she not hooking up with someone who can't keep up? :monkey:

I tease, I tease.

--- Married fellow out

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Thanks for the update.

But let me get this right (the bold part)....the woman two floors up, you're not hooking up with her any more? Or she not hooking up with someone who can't keep up? :monkey:

I tease, I tease.

--- Married fellow out
oh no - still hooking up. shes the new new. we hittng the jacuzzi in an hour or so.