Order of Operations. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee

• New Filter, Water in Mr Coffee, Grind Beans, Press Button, Pour a Cup asap, additives and stir

• Remove old Filter. New Filter. Grind Coffee, Match Water. Press Button, additives f, Pour cup asap

• Boil water, Set Melita Filter in cone. Grind Beans, slow pour, additives and stir

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I'm REALLY lactose intolerant so it made creamer a bit of a no go for me and I don't care for sweetened coffee. Also my dad convinced me real men drink black coffee when I was an impressionable young fella.

I can't believe all you light roast haters. I like good dark roast but most of it is garbage. I prefer light roast. San Diego has a great coffee scene whichever way you lean though.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I Ike coffee black too sometimes, but a little dollop of heavy cream, well shaken before pouring in the mug so it acts like the head of a beer for that first sip, that’s just manna

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
why two?
I can't believe we have another coffee making thread. Last one went on for 2 years
To be fair, that 2 years of Covid was like a giant rupture in the space time continuum. A WHOLE LOT of things went on for 2 years (and counting) that really should have only lasted 15 minutes or so

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I Ike coffee black too sometimes, but a little dollop of heavy cream, well shaken before pouring in the mug so it acts like the head of a beer for that first sip, that’s just manna
Throw some whipped cream on top of a triple espresso . . . You're welcome :beer:

Reactions: Subway

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
You know what (apparently) screwed up my cholesterol/ LDL count? Too much coconut from daily Laird Superspooge coffee creamer! LOL
Had to which to the Oat Mac version.

I think a lot of someone’s propensity for high cholesterol is genetic too.
Genetics, sure. My wife brought that Laird shite home once. Terrible stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
1651543708556.jpeg
Our ceramic drippers are made from Arita-yaki, a traditional style of Japanese ceramics with a 400 year history. Each dripper is handmade by a local craftsperson and, coupled with its functional beauty, create a stunning contrast between the traditional and the modern. The V60's conical shape allows for deeper layering of coffee grounds, and its spiral ridges and lack of flow restriction allow the user to pour the water quickly for a delicate body or slowly for a heavier flavor.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Same here and I eat a lot of butter, cheese, meats. Most people throw off what they don't need. Eating too much sugar is worse than using a tbsp of cream in coffee.
Have you read the great cholesterol myth?

Reactions: tsenn

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Throw some whipped cream on top of a triple espresso . . . You're welcome :beer:
At the university coffee shop I worked at (The Beanery, uptown location), single espresso with whip cream was the Monday Special and had its own name: Little Caesar.

Would occasionally make it a double for free for friends.

Reactions: grapedrink

grundy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 16, 2005
I honestly don't understand why pour over coffee making is not more popular. It's quick, easy and it works great.

And since we're talking routine:
get up, flick on the electric kettle (filled the night before), drop a deuce.
grind the beans, drop a filter in the cone (sadly, while I have a ceramic dripper I am not well educated as to it's origins, or the specific ceramic type, or to its history), set it on mug, pour water over coffee, and then - and I hesitate to type this out here on this public forum - add vanilla soy milk and enjoy. Oh yeah and drop the filter + grounds in the compost.

dunno if any of you have asked for soy milk in a cafe lately but man... what a reception. you'll likely get a rundown of all of the non-dairy "milks" you CAN have but you sure can't have soy.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I honestly don't understand why pour over coffee making is not more popular. It's quick, easy and it works great.
Before the switch to the French press, Sweetie-pie's pour over technique was:

a put sufficient grounds into 2 cup container
b pour enough hot water into said container
c swirl around a bit, wait 2 minutes, swirl more and before swirling motion stops, pour contents into cone filter
d wait till all is done
e add some half-n-half

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

And since we're talking routine:
get up, flick on the electric kettle (filled the night before), drop a deuce.
grind the beans, drop a filter in the cone (sadly, while I have a ceramic dripper I am not well educated as to it's origins, or the specific ceramic type, or to its history), set it on mug, pour water over coffee, and then - and I hesitate to type this out here on this public forum - add vanilla soy milk and enjoy. Oh yeah and drop the filter + grounds in the compost.

dunno if any of you have asked for soy milk in a cafe lately but man... what a reception. you'll likely get a rundown of all of the non-dairy "milks" you CAN have but you sure can't have soy.
You do you, homie. I think Oatley full fat is far superior but everyone has different tastes. As long as you aren't drinking pre ground maxwell house like some kind of goddamn psychopath.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You do you, homie. I think Oatley full fat is far superior but everyone has different tastes. As long as you aren't drinking pre ground maxwell house like some kind of goddamn psychopath.
I did a campaign in late 2020 with the Oatly marketing folks…Scandinavian, most of them are (company HQ is in Malmo, or at least the marketing teams is) …they really are as quirky and creative as their brand. Like, full on believers and they all seemed so damn happy, even in the New York subway in the middle of a global pandemic. I was impressed

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I did a campaign in late 2020 with the Oatly marketing folks…Scandinavian, most of them are (company HQ is in Malmo, or at least the marketing teams is) …they really are as quirky and creative as their brand. Like, full on believers and they all seemed so damn happy, even in the New York subway in the middle of a global pandemic. I was impressed
Right on. So, can I get a bro deal hookup??

Reactions: MathDebater

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Wake up bleary-eyed and go straight to the shower. Get out and brush teeth. Brew coffee, let it get cold because teeth just brushed. Slam the cold coffee after thirty minutes of reading charts before leaving late for work, pause to take a post shower shlt completing the back-asswards morning. Skip breakfast and drink a rockstar four hours later. Tell yourself you need to do better tomorrow, but you can write today off because you're sad and the two up weeks will be way better, you'll sleep four hours and hike ten miles a day even if you work doubles. Rinse, repeat.