Order of Operations. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee

• New Filter, Water in Mr Coffee, Grind Beans, Press Button, Pour a Cup asap, additives and stir

• Remove old Filter. New Filter. Grind Coffee, Match Water. Press Button, additives f, Pour cup asap

• Boil water, Set Melita Filter in cone. Grind Beans, slow pour, additives and stir

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Still have my old, simple, Krups expresso/milk steamer rig. But haven't really used it in many years. Got it back when Starbucks was just getting out of Seattle, and wife wanted lattes. I used it for straight shots to make red-eyes, hammerheads whatever you call them.

Now it's back to Mr Coffee type makers and decent beans. I try all sorts of medium to dark blends. But keep coming back to Sumatran. Strong, but not a hint of bitterness. Overall good fairly strong bean. A good all day coffee, which is what I usually do, black much more often than not.

Now the real question is paper filters or gold screen filters?

I used to like the gold screens, but they left that fine sludge at the bottom of the pot, and the devil lives in there. I got weird headaches if I missed a day.

Back to paper, non-bleached if available and can miss a day and nothing.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I can get busy with Starbucks veranda blend from the grocery store or off the shelf in one of their stores. Most of the rest of Starbucks beans are over roasted burnt toast crap

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I can get busy with Starbucks veranda blend from the grocery store or off the shelf in one of their stores. Most of the rest of Starbucks beans are over roasted burnt toast crap
Im gonna give you that if that one. The light roast is tolerable but rarely served at Starbux

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Grind beans, spoonful of grounds onto the AeroPress tube, hot h20, stir contents in tube, insert plunger, push and coffee comes out through the wire screen into my selected cup. 1/2 & 1/2 + honey.

Repeat, 2 maybe 3 times

Reactions: grapedrink

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
I start the water first, cuz I need that fucking cup asap. Then I get new filter, then grind (Capresso burr grinder), then wait impatiently for water to boil and coffee to drip (Chemex).
25 years of this for me. I am seriously disturbed by any deviation.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway