Album Surfboards

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I had a rough start with @oeste858 ’s twinsman, kooking It up my first couple sessions but today I finally found redemption. Side shore chest to occasional head high crossed up swell with Passable shape. I started on rights and nursed my first few waves after surfing so bad this weekend. After I got my bearings I was really feeling the speed down the line and found it super easy to put where I wanted. Ended up getting a bunch of turns, some really awkward ones that I was still able to save and some really good feeling ones. On my frontside the waves were a bit more varied and smaller but it ate up the flat spots well and let me lay into turns when sections presented themselves. I still wasn’t surfing great but I found it a really forgiving board even when I was off my game.

I did feel like my stance needed to be a tad but wider to make it work right but Im definitely going to evaluate a bit before I got shorter, the size feels great for paddling and catching waves.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I had a rough start with @oeste858 ’s twinsman, kooking It up my first couple sessions but today I finally found redemption. Side shore chest to occasional head high crossed up swell with Passable shape. I started on rights and nursed my first few waves after surfing so bad this weekend. After I got my bearings I was really feeling the speed down the line and found it super easy to put where I wanted. Ended up getting a bunch of turns, some really awkward ones that I was still able to save and some really good feeling ones. On my frontside the waves were a bit more varied and smaller but it ate up the flat spots well and let me lay into turns when sections presented themselves. I still wasn’t surfing great but I found it a really forgiving board even when I was off my game.

I did feel like my stance needed to be a tad but wider to make it work right but Im definitely going to evaluate a bit before I got shorter, the size feels great for paddling and catching waves.
1651099307328.png

bordeaux

OTF status
Aug 23, 2008
Custom Order Unlimited.
I see there is a pretty hefty fee for going custom. Are you guys getting hit with this for tweaking dimensions or ordering variations like Plasmic EAST?
I was contemplating getting a Plasmic with an Egged Nose, which I have seen previously, but don't really want to pay extra for the privilege.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Custom Order Unlimited.
I see there is a pretty hefty fee for going custom. Are you guys getting hit with this for tweaking dimensions or ordering variations like Plasmic EAST?
I was contemplating getting a Plasmic with an Egged Nose, which I have seen previously, but don't really want to pay extra for the privilege.
Did not pay extra for a custom cut. I got a 5’5 plasmic with 5’4 width and thickness. I probably could have ordered it as a snub nose just as easily.

just email album and ask. Matt was super quick to reply and dial it in.

i also placed the order with varial (paid at time of order) and forwaded paul @ Varial the convo with Matt so nothing lost in translation.