is jason hall realy moving to maine??????

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
What’s crazy is you think how gnarly the winters are in Maine, and then think about all of the costal and inland towns and cities to the north in Canada, and that chit is even colder. I don’t know how the canucks do it

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What’s crazy is you think how gnarly the winters are in Maine, and then think about all of the costal and inland towns and cities to the north in Canada, and that chit is even colder. I don’t know how the canucks do it
You get used to it I guess. I loved it when living in the mountains,now I hate it!

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
did businees there early 2000s, great place and people not really a good place for a surfermost motnhs of the year.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I prefer North Florida's winter where it gets just "cold' enough to make it a real change of seasons. But I think I know how they do it. They find some hot Montreal talent to keep warm with all winter.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I'll prefer 9 months of the year in Nicaragua, a couple months in the fall home on Long Beach, and the 12th month somewhere different and fun every year

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Yeah I'll prefer 9 months of the year in Nicaragua, a couple months in the fall home on Long Beach, and the 12th month somewhere different and fun every year
I was thinking Nov-April central FL, the rest somewhere in Central America?Mex.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I want to do off season indo.
The one beachbreak I had in mind looks thumpy. Not sure if it gets packed out now. I was told it's kind of canyon-focusy, where it's small closeouts away from the little magic zone.

The Pacific zones look out there. Looked like some shallow stuff, some remote stuff, some might end up in an ISIS video stuff.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I was thinking Nov-April central FL, the rest somewhere in Central America?Mex.
i think central Florida may replace Long Beach once we are in our 70's. Split time between there and Nica and other world travels. I want to surf as many heavy famous (or not famous) waves around the world for the next 10 or so years, and then settle down into more modest surf trips, and also start seeing more of the non-surf destinations that have always fascinated me.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
start seeing more of the non-surf destinations that have always fascinated me.
Medellin/Bogota, sport fishing Bahamas/Belize/Yucatan, Glacier and some parks in Alaska, African game sh!t, the Danube + Krakow, and always wanted to see the Himalayas, specifically the wet (Southern) side.

Every time I see some photo and I'm like, holy sh!t, that's next level, it's someplace in BFE Pakistan, and like one tourist group has been there since 9/11 and they all got merked on camera or some sh!t. But hell I could spend a week eating curry and hiking up and then whitewater the sh!t back down. Would be YEEEWWWW.

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Medellin and bogota and Cartagena and the Danube, maybe Vienna and Switzerland, chamonix in winter….and Alaska….all high on the list. Yucatán is meh for me.
africa for sure, to surf and see animals and sh!t

oh I HAVE to see Gibraltar. In fact I’d like to take a month just moseying around the Iberian peninsula with boards in the rented X5 and money to spend

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Medellin and bogota and Cartagena and the Danube, maybe Vienna and Switzerland, chamonix in winter….and Alaska….all high on the list. Yucatán is meh for me.
africa for sure, to surf and see animals and sh!t

oh I HAVE to see Gibraltar. In fact I’d like to take a month just moseying around the Iberian peninsula with boards in the rented X5 and money to spend
Yucatan light tackle fishing is supposed to be uber dank. Like the Bahamas but with snook.

Reactions: mundus