Why's Everything So Expensive?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Will Inflation Stay High for Decades? One Influential Economist Says Yes
Charles Goodhart sees an era of inexpensive labor giving way to years of worker shortages—and higher prices. Central bankers around the world are listening.
Nuclear war will also be inflationary due to its effect on labor and supply chains.

Reactions: Havoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Nuclear war will also be inflationary due to its effect on labor and supply chains.
???

I thought the quip about nuclear was was that WW4 would be fought with sticks and stones. I don't really see the Fed and fiat paper surviving a nuclear war. Guns, ammo, seeds, means of sustenance production......

I expect to be killed for my fishing tackle in very, very short order, except for 6 miles from Mayport I'll probably be BLACKENED IS THE END. Probably by some fucking bait googan who will toss all my surface plugs into trees and snag everything else on oyster bars first fggn cast.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's telling that today even the White House said inflation will continue to worsen in the coming months.

Hey, btw, where's all the "there is no inflation" posters from this thread? :roflmao:

As far as the USD goes, the only thing it has going for it is the geography, stability, and respect for rule of law in the United States.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's telling that today even the White House said inflation will continue to worsen in the coming months.

Hey, btw, where's all the "there is no inflation" posters from this thread? :roflmao:

As far as the USD goes, the only thing it has going for it is the geography, stability, and respect for rule of law in the United States.
Hey you've been relentlessly banging the Peter Schiff drum since 2008 and you're finally right. Congrats!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

and world reserve currency status, which is eroding rapidly

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

when this thread first started there were like 2 things that were more expensive at the supermarket for me. beef and pork.

now literally 2 months later everything in life is more expensive

Reactions: PRCD and Havoc

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Fvckin' Trump, right? This guy messed up everything. We need to get someone else, anyone else, into office to fix this country.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I mean, I'm good with just about anyone who respects the outcome of an election
Yeah, I mean who cares if gas is $6 a gallon, rent on a 2 bedroom is 3k/month...we got a guy who respects the outcome of an election that he won. I'd rather my dollar go half as far with no end to the decline in sight than have to live with someone posting things on Twitter that aren't true.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Yeah, I mean who cares if gas is $6 a gallon, rent on a 2 bedroom is 3k/month...we got a guy who respects the outcome of an election that he won. I'd rather my dollar go half as far with no end to the decline in sight than have to live with someone posting things on Twitter that aren't true.
Biden raised your rent?!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Biden raised your rent?!
Yes, personally. He could have written an email, but I think he got some sick pleasure out of showing up to do it in person. Still not as bad as the past four years when Trump insisted on walking behind me everywhere shouting n**** and then pointing like it was me who did it. That was getting old. Wish these kooks would leave me alone, but you know how it is with presidents.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
You can always move inland.

You're white and male and able bodied, if you can't make it in America I can't help you.
You sure? I went to Bakersfield after you said that and asked where I sign up for the free easy life for white dudes, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Now I have a knife wound and somehow an illegitimate half Mexican baby on the way?