Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
this seems like a pretty good analysis of the situation...

If you think I would click on "deepcode.substack.com" you got the brains Rona.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Why are you so worred about Kamala? She's light years ahead of three of the last four Presidents. Probably still mildly toxic waste, but we've lived through W, Trump, and Biden.
Worried?
550D0D2A-45BF-404E-BB78-971D7130C936.jpeg
Some of us lived through Ike, JFK, LBJ, RMN et all. Ronnie Raygun? The peanut farmer that lusted in his heart. Biden is a nothing burger. KH’s qualification was being a half black female. A marriage of convenience, not of commitment.

I’m lololoing no matter who, what, when, where, how, why. Even in onshore flatness. Especially in onshore flatness.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Worried?
View attachment 124868
Some of us lived through Ike, JFK, LBJ, RMN et all. Ronnie Raygun? The peanut farmer that lusted in his heart. Biden is a nothing burger. KH’s qualification was being a half black female. A marriage of convenience, not of commitment.

I’m lololoing no matter who, what, when, where, how, why. Even in onshore flatness. Especially in onshore flatness.
Now do Trump.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think the pro putin right wingers would be okay with Putin invading US soil.

It seems like he pumped a bunch of money into the GOP to buy their loyalty.
On this board I tally maybe PRCD and nobody else.

I clicked it and read it. My machine does not have readme.txt with instructions on sending bitcoin, and none of my files have been encrypted with the extensions changed. Yet.

Most of it makes sense, then it goes into the same retarded "people in the West care about gay rights ergo Putin and Jinping will win" or some such stupidity.

Worried?

Kamala's qualification is being a Senator and now a Vice President. Same as Biden's. More than LBJ. More than Kennedy. More than RMN. More than Reagan. More than Carter.

Only Millhouse has as impressive a resume on that list.

This is a country that survived the Presidents between Taylor and Lincoln, the trash heaps between Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt, literally Coolidge and Hoover, the suck and fail that was the entire arc between Eisenhower and HW Bush, and W, Trump, and now Joey Ice Cream Cone.

Relax. She's the same asshole as the rest of the politicians. Same same.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
:shrug:

from the link fecal won't click on...

"This morning I achieved some clarity on the geopolitical context. While the following scenario is still below 30% confidence, it is beginning to separate itself from the many other scenarios and so is worth sharing more broadly.

The primary method of this approach is empathic: assume the full frame of a given perspective (i.e., Putin, Xi) and look at the world entirely through their eyes. There are, of course, many other methods of making sense of the world and all have a role to play. But this approach yields useful results in the present context. The primary hypotheses of this scenario are as follows:

1. Putin and Xi are, broadly speaking, collaborating. Some of this collaboration is likely explicit and formal. Much of it is implicit and due simply to an alignment of interests and a shared sense of methods.
  2. Putin and Xi are perceiving the West as a declining power. Their view is that the West is weak, stupid, infantile, hopelessly decadent and thoroughly parasitized by a mercenary Virtual ‘elite’ class that seems more than happy to wage an internal war on their own Physical classes.
  3. That they have been operating under #1 and #2 for some time and are moving into an increasingly overt/explicit mode.
  4. That this whole stream is part of a larger shift from a historically rare global hegemony to some new multi-polar (and, therefore, actually multi-cultural) world.
In other words, Putin and Xi are asserting their interests according to their own cultural values (and not the value assumptions of the West) and according to their best assessment of the actual relationships of power on the ground.

Its important to remember that what we in the West might call “liberal democratic norms” are, historically speaking, highly ab-normal. Neither China nor Russia, both heirs to their own long and storied civilizations, values these ‘norms’ directly. We, for example, value things like “individual rights” and “ethnic and cultural diversity” to a degree that both China and Russia perceive as madness (and a sign of weakness to be exploited).

Thus, simply violating Western norms, in itself, isn’t any particular concern to Putin or Xi. Only the potential consequences thereof. In this context, we can then look at the Ukraine event as a very simple question: “Yeah, I’m doing this, what are you going to do about it?”

Let’s run the possibilities.

• Will Western ‘leadership’ commit to nuclear war in defense of the Ukraine? Very, very unlikely.
  • Will Western ‘leadership’ commit to kinetic war in defense of Ukraine? Also very unlikely, and in the event that they do, there is a good chance that Russia will win. (see Bismark Analysis)
  • Will Western ‘leadership’ enact sanctions against Russia? Probably, but equally probably they will be more form than substance (Germany really can’t kick that sweet energy habit) and there is a good chance that China and Russia are already looking at a new post-Western economic order here (de-dollarization, etc.).
  • Will Western ‘leadership’ complain piously and call Russia names? Oh, most certainly, and most likely that is all that they will do.
  • How will China play as the above begins to unfold? This is a crucial piece of the puzzle. The obvious moves are around Taiwan. I’d be shocked if China doesn’t take advantage of the attention pointed towards Ukraine to advance their intentions on Taiwan. What this looks like precisely is highly dependent on (a) how things are unfolding in Europe and (b) the bigger strategy that is unfolding. And, China being China, there are likely many other moves to be made besides Taiwan.
My sense, then, is that Ukraine is a probe into the state of the decline of the West. From a Putin/Xi perspective, worst case scenario, it creates entropy that continues to degrade the coherence and effectiveness of the West (while upgrading coherence in Putin’s Russia). Best case scenario, it pushes Western institutions through critical points (for example, losing a kinetic war and the ensuing demoralization) that signal open season on the “new new world order”. In between are a wide variety of opportunities for nimble and astute players.

If we step out of the empathic frame, can we evaluate these hypotheses?

Are Putin and Xi working together to some extent? From my perspective, highly likely. Both are perfectly sophisticated international actors and both should be able to agree that there is plenty of Western lunch money to be taken before the interests of Russia and China diverge.

Is the West weak, stupid, infantile, hopelessly decadent and thoroughly parasitized by its ‘elite’ class? Again, from my perspective, this seems like a fair evaluation. Sitting as a citizen of the United States for the past six years or so, I can’t say that I’ve been favorably impressed by the competence or integrity of my civilization along pretty much any dimension. Certainly if I were a betting man sitting in Moscow or Beijing, I’d be inclined to make a pretty decent sized bet against D.C., London and Brussels (to say nothing of Ottawa).

Are we looking at a larger shift from a historically rare global hegemony to some new multi-polar world? This seems highly likely. Notably, almost everyone is now behaving as if we live in a post-American Hegemony world. Look at how the various nations shifted alignments during the 2020-21 COVID period (looking at you Serbia) and extra-state actors are also stepping into the power shift. The World Economic Forum, for example, is playing a much more up-front and central role than the State Department. Hell, Blackrock is starting to look more relevant than the Treasury.

Importantly, this kind of shift is profoundly more than simply political. As mentioned, the kinds of cultural values that have been more or less “normalized” across most of the world for the past century or so will also be undergoing a rebalancing as diverse nations no longer feel like they must pretend to hold Western liberal values in order to participate in an American dominated world. The consequences of this rebalancing will certainly be disorienting for Westerners, who have become used to controlling the (moral) frame over the past three decades.

Well, thats the gist of it. Like I said at the beginning, this scenario is still sitting at a low confidence, but it seems like a useful lens to look through if you happen to be contemplating the current situation with an eye towards the bigger context."

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm glad an ex-KGB agent who f---s his gymnasts and figure skaters who catch his eye at his various dachas thinks the West is decadent.

@crustBrother I don't think he necessarily meant your source was Newsmax-tier per se, more, he thought your source would malware his sh!t. Maybe not but that's my guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
he thought your source would malware his sh!t. Maybe not but that's my guess.
that was my guess too - which surprised me. i thought substack was generally thought of as "safe". but maybe not. so i just cut and pasted the text to avoid any fear of malware threats.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
that was my guess too - which surprised me. i thought substack was generally thought of as "safe". but maybe not. so i just cut and pasted the text to avoid any fear of malware threats.
Substack is generally a yes in terms of a domain people would trust, yes.

Deepcode is a don't fucking click it and soak the monitor in bleach. Like anyone trained in the arts of spotting phishing, ads, etc. just immediately files that under no-go.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You realize Russia and the US are separated by only 55 miles, yes?

That's about TJ to Oceanside.
Yes

Note I wrote "Bering Strait" on an earlier post

Like I said, struggling

That being said, do you realize that part of Russia and the Ukrainian border where all this is going on is 4600 miles away?

Ooooof

ifallalot, you got your dick kicked in so hard on that one, it might as well have been a c*nt punt.
Not at all

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Bullshit, it is democratic country that overthrew a Russian puppet that wants to join the west. You have to be worlds ignorant and delusional history major ever.
You still live in a Cold War mindset

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Yes

Note I wrote "Bering Strait" on an earlier post

Like I said, struggling

That being said, do you realize that part of Russia and the Ukrainian border where all this is going on is 4600 miles away?

Ooooof

Not at all
Are your 6th amendment rights being violated?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Reality is this situation, never your strong suit.
"Democratic country" :roflmao:

Did you know a huge portion of Ukrainians are welcoming this? Will you deny self-determination for a "democratic" puppet government?