I want a longboard

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
If you wanna log really log go 9'6" Pig style modern foil and bottom contour pintail heavy glass a least 6/6 6 s glass:shaka: If ya wanna short board a long board I am no help ask griffin he makes a lot of crutches:shrug:

Last edited:

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Getting older and sick of battling at the points. Rode friends 9' pearson yesterday and had a blast.

Time to get my swoop and glide on. What are you guys who LB riding in better point waves?
GG what ya got?
Why, did you forget how to surf? All kidding aside I won a couple of 3A surfing contests in Santa Cruz in the early 1980’s. So I know the cold and the kelp. If I lived there now I would be riding a 9 foot stand-up board. High, dry and hated by all the hypothermia addled grovelers.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Many moons ago, Friend #1 bought a board from West Cliff Surfboards. (Are they still around? Anyone know the people behind the label?)

It was, I don't know, a big wave longboard? Somewhat rounded pin-tail, somewhat egg-shaped in the nose, a little displacement hull in the first quarter of the board, and flat out the back, didn't seem too thick and was foiled out nicely. Big glassed in center fin.

I remember seeing him catch stacks of waves in all manner of surf, and maybe the only time it seemed not to work was in the strong offshore days or quick breaking small stuff.

He may still have it in the rafters. He put it up there after (so) many repairs couldn't stop the delamination.

If I went the longboard route, I'd like to try out that planeshape, and have adjustable centerfin.

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Nope. I'm sure those guys are having a blast and you liked shaping those. Doesn't mean I have to like them.
Yes just because laird can ride the worlds biggest crutch with a oar and still make it look unstylish doesn't mean I have to like them:bricks:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
oh man its not that complicated.
Yes I still ride HPSB.
No dont plan on stopping
However there are some points that I love to surf, they have become a complete shitshow when a certain size.
Surfing HH-OH point waves with a longboard is fun as sh!t!

Its simple. I still wont SUP ever though!!! haha

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
oh man its not that complicated.
Yes I still ride HPSB.
No dont plan on stopping
However there are some points that I love to surf, they have become a complete shitshow when a certain size.
Surfing HH-OH point waves with a longboard is fun as sh!t!

Its simple. I still wont SUP ever though!!! haha
How do you wanna surf them? Hpsb up and down floaters etc or glide and :shrug: ride nose rides carving turns long arching cutbacks etc