Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Anybody following today's Frog Nation drama? :toilet:
lucky to pull out when I did, the treasury manager Sifu doxxed as a known fraudster. had my questions about Dani after knowing some real Italians while visiting Bali, let's just say they're the brazzos of Europe.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Are you guys talking about SPELL? Was researching that coin this morning on why it's been dumping so hard. Saw this post and it looks pretty bad. But it just bounced for 30% :roflmao:

The issues are on the Wonderland ($TIME/$wMEMO) side of things, but they're tied to SPELL in that Daniele Sesta is the figurehead of both. He also recently did a takeover of SUSHI.

There are some big whale stakeholders in SPELL (most notably Tetranode) who are pushing hard to keep the SPELL and Wonderland merge from happening.

Reactions: r32

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
no, TIME Wonderland. some shady stuff happening over there, massive liquidation cascades and a bank run. Treasury being managed by a felon scammer with a long history of defrauding investors

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
The issues are on the Wonderland ($TIME/$wMEMO) side of things, but they're tied to SPELL in that Daniele Sesta is the figurehead of both. He also recently did a takeover of SUSHI.

There are some big whale stakeholders in SPELL (most notably Tetranode) who are pushing hard to keep the SPELL and Wonderland merge from happening.
Wait a minute. Same mofo is involved with all these projects? I don't follow any of them so trying to parse the info. Someone on reddit claiming the deal is OFF, and wants this Sesta ahole to tweet the deal is off, so SPELL can recover.

SUSHI on coinbase too. It had a massive mega pump last Sept for 5000%. Haven't touched it since.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Wait a minute. Same mofo is involved with all these projects? I don't follow any of them so trying to parse the info. Someone on reddit claiming the deal is OFF, and wants this Sesta ahole to tweet the deal is off, so SPELL can recover.

SUSHI on coinbase too. It had a massive mega pump last Sept for 5000%. Haven't touched it since.
yes same guy, he's the public face and salesman. guys behind the scenes running the scam. thinking he's not so innocent as he plays, paid investors back when his last project was hacked but we'll have to see how this one goes. they will probably liquidate the project and return what's left of those funds to investors

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
yes same guy, he's the public face and salesman. guys behind the scenes running the scam. thinking he's not so innocent as he plays, paid investors back when his last project was hacked but we'll have to see how this one goes. they will probably liquidate the project and return what's left of those funds to investors
Hard to tell if he's malicious or just painfully naive. Either way, probably not fit to run big protocols.

Hopefully a good reminder to the DEFI community that the whole point is the "DE" part.

Reactions: afoaf and r32

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I hope some famous singer or something like that makes a tweet about getting a new Shiba Inu and enough crypto retards think they went in big on the coin, rather than the dog, so it goes up 10000%

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I hope some famous singer or something like that makes a tweet about getting a new Shiba Inu and enough crypto retards think they went in big on the coin, rather than the dog, so it goes up 10000%
you and me both, brother

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
I listened to a bunch of videos on $TIME and read what I could find and none of them explained how money gets into the system (other than new people buying in). What valuable function did the coin do that leads to money? Seemed like a ponzi of some sort to me, hard to have sympathy for that crash. I'm an idiot though it could be great and I just didn't get it.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
A friend got some $TIME and was staking it for like 8000% APY. He went in fully aware it was a scam just hoping he would get the good end of it. He was obviously willing to lose all he put in there... He's also holding BabyDoge hoping it will get listed on Binance, so there's that too. :foreheadslap:

I wasn't aware of all the drama...wanna read more about it and then go get in his hair. lol

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I’m glad I made my ducats when I did. I liquified before too much damage was done, still made about 12k on the year. Now I’m eager for earnings reporting season in the logistics sector :jamon:

oh and i bought a grand of cheap ALGO. that might be worth something one day, or not

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yeah I’m glad I made my ducats when I did. I liquified before too much damage was done, still made about 12k on the year. Now I’m eager for earnings reporting season in the logistics sector :jamon:

oh and i bought a grand of cheap ALGO. that might be worth something one day, or not

If I have any chance before March (I don't think I will), I want to exit ALL of my alt coins and only keep BTC and ETH (and I would still sell my ETH if it gets green to buy lower later.

raise in interest rates coupled with the end of tapering of bond purchases (which should get to 0 net purchases) are a very, very dangerous combination. I don't think BTC ever experienced Quantitative Tightening, who knows how it will react. think we will need a miracle not to enter a severe bear market... 20k BTC, maybe lower. The strongest support for most alt coins could be Zero.
I bought ALGO at 1,51 :bricks:... and many others also at 1/2 to 1/3 higher than they are today. At least most of my portfolio is BTC and ETH.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
A friend got some $TIME and was staking it for like 8000% APY. He went in fully aware it was a scam just hoping he would get the good end of it. He was obviously willing to lose all he put in there... He's also holding BabyDoge hoping it will get listed on Binance, so there's that too. :foreheadslap:

I wasn't aware of all the drama...wanna read more about it and then go get in his hair. lol
He got in on TIME at 3k.... left at 1k when he saw the sh!t was hitting the fan. But looks like the 8400% APY cut most of his losses at least.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
raise in interest rates coupled with the end of tapering of bond purchases (which should get to 0 net purchases) are a very, very dangerous combination. I don't think BTC ever experienced Quantitative Tightening, who knows how it will react. think we will need a miracle not to enter a severe bear market... 20k BTC, maybe lower. The strongest support for most alt coins could be Zero.
I bought ALGO at 1,51 :bricks:... and many others also at 1/2 to 1/3 higher than they are today. At least most of my portfolio is BTC and ETH.
Zero is some pretty strong support. Tapering happened in 2013/2014-ish timeframe.

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Zero is some pretty strong support. Tapering happened in 2013/2014-ish timeframe.
Looks like it climbed quite a lot between 2013 and 2014. Then it lost a lot of value from 2014 onwards. Still, there was tapering but not necessarily quantitative tightening which is likely to happen this year.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm totally bearish.