Just say no to totalitarian bullshit

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
the individual makes *many* choices in an at-will employer/employee relationship

as does the employer

recently employers have been making some *very* poor choices in forcing people to get the jab to keep their job
Having a healthy employee base is smart. Having people out for extended periods of time is costly. The shot reduces severity and lowers hospitalization rates 10-fold. Requiring shots for employees is smart.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
The shot reduces severity and lowers hospitalization rates 10-fold.
its almost as if you think that this statistic is equally meaningful across all age groups and covid immunity status

certainly the corporate board rooms are creating vaccine mandate policy as if that was the case

and that's why they need to stop creating mandates

because their one-size-fits-all medical policy mandates are fucking stupid

Reactions: Havoc

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
its almost as if you think that this statistic is equally meaningful across all age groups and covid immunity status

certainly the corporate board rooms are creating vaccine mandate policy as if that was the case

and that's why they need to stop creating mandates

because their one-size-fits-all medical policy mandates are fucking stupid
Find me an age group relevant to employe mandates where the shot doesn’t lessen severity and hospitalization.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Find me an age group relevant to employe mandates where the shot doesn’t lessen severity and hospitalization.
18-24 year olds who have recently recovered from covid are the example that is so painfully obvious as to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that corporate board rooms are unfit to craft medical policy mandates

anyone who thinks it makes sense to mandate vaccination of this group is just not paying attention to the data

and yet... they are subjected to corporate (and university) mandates to get the jab

it's insane

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Having a healthy employee base is smart. Having people out for extended periods of time is costly. The shot reduces severity and lowers hospitalization rates 10-fold. Requiring shots for employees is smart.
It's crazy to think that not long ago we all used to have common sense when it comes to that stuff.

That is until people started doing their own research on Facebook and YouTube.

In the post-Trump era, everybody is entitled to their own facts.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
18-24 year olds who have recently recovered from covid are the example that is so painfully obvious as to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that corporate board rooms are unfit to craft medical policy mandates

anyone who thinks it makes sense to mandate vaccination of this group is just not paying attention to the data

and yet... they are subjected to corporate (and university) mandates to get the jab

it's insane
What's insane is that you are still hinging your entire argument on a lie that the vaccine is harmful.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

it's insane
but let's be reasonable here...

I'm an employer with employees between the ages of 18 and 65

the MAJORITY of my employees are NOT in the 18-24 demo

therefore a majority of my staff is healthy and at work by way of a vaccine mandate. the 18-24 demo is not negatively impacted by the vaccine. blanket policy. very easy. makes sense.

that was the diplomatic response

my initial reaction to your post is that it's fkn bullshit because the "18-24 just recovered from covid" demo is such a ridiculously small slice that (I believe) you do not have a cost effective or viable way to even test for it, let along give a flying fk about it within the context of a wider workforce.

it's a subset (anti-vax) of the youngest (least valuable) members of my staff

odds are you're showing oppositional greenhorns the door!....good riddance

and if you're an employer that predominantly uses young workers in this bracket, you're probably not implementing the mandate (Starbucks) as opposed to a big corpo outfit (Mayo Clinic)

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Creating little exceptions biases people who will die or get really sick not to get the shot.

This already happened anyway.

It's all fucked up.

Since we know the vaccine doesn't stop infections, you should be able to opt out by opting out of medical care if you don't get the shot and get really sick.

That is the fair thing for all parties.

We might got to war with Russia all this fussing will be for nothing,

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
my initial reaction to your post is that it's fkn bullshit because the "18-24 just recovered from covid" demo is such a ridiculously small slice that (I believe) you do not have a cost effective or viable way to even test for it, let along give a flying fk about it within the context of a wider workforce.
ah. they are a minority so fuck them and their right to make optimal choices for the care of their own bodies.

sick!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Since we know the vaccine doesn't stop infections, you should be able to opt out by opting out of medical care if you don't get the shot and get really sick.
all public health measures and limits could be lifted today if anti-vaxxers agreed to these terms

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

it's insane
So you’d like to carve out 18 year olds who have already had Covid? I’m sure that’s a huge percentage of American Airlines’ work force lol. I didn’t mention college, so I’m assuming you’re reaching bc you know your argument stinks, yes?

But even then, as an employer i want my workplace healthy. My money my rules. Data is clear that people who have had Covid are less likely to suffer symptoms if they also get the jab the next time they get it. So as an employer I’m still making you get it.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
interesting to see how eager some people are to lick that corporate boot. interesting how they cling so bitterly to the mandates they were told would keep them safe

seems gross and disgusting to me, but suit yourselves

meanwhile, reasonable folk will continue to advocate for systems where individuals are empowered to make their own choices about how they care for their own body

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
interesting to see how eager some people are to lick that corporate boot

seems gross to me, but suit yourselves

meanwhile, reasonable folk will continue to advocate for systems where individuals are empowered to make their own choices about how they care for their own body
you're mischaracterizing and hyperbolizing while framing yourself as the reasonable one when very reasonable explanations for why employers are mandating vaccines have been proffered.

be careful that you don't hurt yourself when you come down off that cross

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
you're mischaracterizing and hyperbolizing while framing yourself as the reasonable one when very reasonable explanations for why employers are mandating vaccines have been proffered.

be careful that you don't hurt yourself when you come down off that cross
There's only one reasonable explanation

America's litigious society