Can we talk about Marjorie Taylor Green?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think Cringeshaw has his own problems and he has to navigate the Stop the Steal zealots while trying to feed them reality-sauce.

But at least he's not a full team player all the damn time.

Kind of like, I don't think the AOC/Bernie wing could win jack sh!t outside liberal zones. But that wing of the party is 110% correct that the centrists are about big donor l00t and jack sh!t else.

Reactions: mundus

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The scariest thing about Marge is the people who voted her into office. There is no lever of horrible that would keep them from voting someone into office, as long as that person is adept at owning the libs. And thare lots of them out there.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The scariest thing about Marge is the people who voted her into office. There is no lever of horrible that would keep them from voting someone into office, as long as that person is adept at owning the libs. And thare lots of them out there.
There are a whole swath of people out there that should be considered "mentally unfit to vote".

Reactions: $kully and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I think Cringeshaw has his own problems and he has to navigate the Stop the Steal zealots while trying to feed them reality-sauce.

But at least he's not a full team player all the damn time.

Kind of like, I don't think the AOC/Bernie wing could win jack sh!t outside liberal zones. But that wing of the party is 110% correct that the centrists are about big donor l00t and jack sh!t else.
Manchin and Bribery Barby were openly bribed by Big Business to sh!t can Bidens agenda because it might help poor people, even worse than Republicons.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Manchin and Bribery Barby were openly bribed by Big Business to sh!t can Bidens agenda because it might help poor people, even worse than Republicons.
I disagree. They knew it would be political suicide for them to vote for it.

I suspect some of the elements of the build back better legislation will still get passed, piecemeal. Had the Dems not made it such a huge, all-encompassing bill, they could have had many policies implemented by now and be sitting back comfortably touting their successes. They really blew it with that one.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

I suspect some of the elements of the build back better legislation will still get passed, piecemeal. Had the Dems not made it such a huge, all-encompassing bill, they could have had many policies implemented by now and be sitting back comfortably touting their successes. They really blew it with that one.
Sorry bud, the donations(bribes) are public record and it hurt their own voters.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

????

The only things that can get passed other than judicial nominations need to be passed via reconciliation. You're not getting infinite shots at anything with McTurtle there. His goal isn't to solve problems. It's to make Joe Biden a one term President.

Reminder: Federal Sentencing reform had Trump's support, a majority of GOP support, and 84 votes in the Senate, and it took concerted arm-twisting by everyone who could grab one of his feeble turtle limbs to get McTurtle to allow a vote on it.

Disagreeing with some or all of the Build Back Better provisions is fine. Thinking you can on-demand pass pieces of legislation that are subject to filibuster...

Not happening.

Reactions: afoaf and Woke AF

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's Northwest Georgia. I'll say it again - be happy they're sending the Representative to D.C. and not Richmond.

The scary thing to me is the shitstain Supreme Court going full might-makes-right on gerrymandering. You'll have some ungodly percentage of seats where the main concern is a primary challenge from Loonybinville.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It's Northwest Georgia. I'll say it again - be happy they're sending the Representative to D.C. and not Richmond.
What if we told them The Storm had struck and their rep is actually now going to Richmond? There doesn't have to be anything there - just send them. Everyone wins.