Gasoline Gasoline!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Let me know when there is an affordable SUV that can tow my 23 foot boat or drive basically non-stop from NJ to NC or FL.
Again with "non-stop".

Nobody drives 1200 miles non-stop.
That car doesn't exist.

Rivian has 800hp, 900ft lbs of torque and can tow 11,000 lbs and it would probably cost you around $60 to drive to Florida.

You would never have to think about changing the oil or any maintenance other than brakes and tires.

Dummy.

Reactions: mundus and afoaf

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think a lot of people get sticker shock but the trucks are boss boss boss. I’ve said it before, the ultimate El Roble beer runner. The road just got graded, talk and kicks. That’s probably the case with our resident proponents that are virtually on the bandwagon but ... er ah not me ... because their needs aren’t met for the investment.

I’m talking about the rank and file. All the opposition and handwringing has dried up? Tell me another lie. I doubt you’ll see any significant nuke contribution in your lifetime. I hope I’m wrong.
ALL the opposition has to dry up? It's not enough that it was in the 2020 platform and only a very small minority of 2020 primary candidates were against it?

???????????

What do you mean by significant nuke contribution? New power plants being built like the ones that are being built?

Does Kamala Harris have to suck off a control rod on YouTube?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it's such a ridiculous premise...I just spent $100 to fill up my truck

I'd have to fill up 4 times for a round trip like the one the resident dunce describes

even though his premise is faulty and rapid charging has been a thing for some time, you have to be an obtuse fool to not acknowledge the fact that EVEN IF you did incur a couple of 15 minute delays it's worth the huge cost savings, not only on the fuel but on the drastically reduced maintenance required when you task your vehicle with long hauls under load like that

it's simple fkn math

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fxd.

Somebody's EuroChristian wypipo privilege is showing.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Somebody's EuroChristian wypipo privilege is showing.

I know, Im just trying to show how woke the Serbs are. :dancing:

Also, how nationalistic they are. :poop:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I know, Im just trying to show how woke the Serbs are. :dancing:

Also, how nationalistic they are. :poop:

Word up I've been trying to convince some Serbian on a surfing message board of the truth for some time now. He keeps writing Nicola Tesla, in Latin Alphabet and everything, while banging on about how Tesla is Serbian. If Tesla was Serbian, it'd be written in that commie alphabet. Not good ol' 'Merican.

There's always a bunch of nationalist insurrectionists prattling on about Trump won or Tesla is Serbian or some other fantasy they cling to.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Word up I've been trying to convince some Serbian on a surfing message board of the truth for some time now. He keeps writing Nicola Tesla, in Latin Alphabet and everything, while banging on about how Tesla is Serbian. If Tesla was Serbian, it'd be written in that commie alphabet. Not good ol' 'Merican.

There's always a bunch of nationalist insurrectionists prattling on about Trump won or Tesla is Serbian or some other fantasy they cling to.
It's Nikola, not Nicola, you savage.

That was my grandfather's name.

Most Serbs use the Latin alphabet these days, Cyrillic is close to extinction.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Cyrillic is what all the hot Russkies write with. It is close to ejaculation.
The Russkies don't have a choice, they have only one alphabet because of their fucked up voicing.

Serbs, Croats, Poles, Czech and other Slavs got smart and just put squiggly bits on top of the existing Latin alphabet.

Ć Đ Č Š Ž

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
ALL the opposition has to dry up? It's not enough that it was in the 2020 platform and only a very small minority of 2020 primary candidates were against it?

???????????

What do you mean by significant nuke contribution? New power plants being built like the ones that are being built?

Does Kamala Harris have to suck off a control rod on YouTube?
From your link:
3E9F47A2-F185-4DB7-A5EB-5AC05CB4EF81.png
Vogtle 1&2 have been around in some stage since I was working, as have all the plants listed in your link.

Watts Bar is old school, check when construction started, that’s going to be a while after design started. Short pants and lunch boxes for most of the erBB crew.

Again, where are the new generation nukes?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Ethnic Serb, born in Croatia, which was all Austro-Hungaria, died as an American.

If Elon Musk didn't pick his name, nobody would GAF.
I bought my kids a series of books about historical people 20 years ago and Tesla was one of the people. Where were you unwashed illiterates edumacated?

The single most influential application in modern history. I’m posting from DC right now!

And nobody knows about him.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
From your link:
View attachment 120657
Vogtle 1&2 have been around in some stage since I was working, as have all the plants listed in your link.

Watts Bar is old school, check when construction started, that’s going to be a while after design started. Short pants and lunch boxes for most of the erBB crew.

Again, where are the new generation nukes?
Right there in your screenshot it says two new units are under construction. Now the goalposts are new generation nuclear power plants in operation????

First the (D) were supposedly anti-nuke, now that it's clear they don't obstruct this stuff it has to be the latest and greatest??

Reactions: bird.LA

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I bought my kids a series of books about historical people 20 years ago and Tesla was one of the people. Where were you unwashed illiterates edumacated?

The single most influential application in modern history. I’m posting from DC right now!

And nobody knows about him.
There are Tesla statues all over Belgrade, a Tesla Museum etc, the unwashed masses have been well educated about his contributions to society.

He only recently became an unsung hero in the West, where the unwashed masses celebrated Edison instead.

Elon is the one that started nationalistic wars over who Tesla belongs to.

We always knew.

In front of Institute of Technology in Belgrade since 1952

B915D1F5-8D41-4D5D-A33E-D6AA5F1F57D7.jpg

BEB5F38F-0CD3-4E44-A26C-D03FA9EAF343.jpeg

Tesla Museum in Belgrade

4B348C25-18B2-45B8-9D6B-C6FAA63B4CEA.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Again with "non-stop".

Nobody drives 1200 miles non-stop.
That car doesn't exist.

Rivian has 800hp, 900ft lbs of torque and can tow 11,000 lbs and it would probably cost you around $60 to drive to Florida.

You would never have to think about changing the oil or any maintenance other than brakes and tires.

Dummy.
Below are maps of drives that I absolutely do non-stop except for the quickest possible fuel stops and fast food drive thrus. You also seem to have missed the part about affordable. I am also quite dubious of the longevity of EV's especially when you live on a barrier island surrounded by salt water.

3123123.JPG

Capture.jpg