Alex Baldwin killed his DP!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
man, this thread fkn ran....

it's funny to see just how butthurt these guys were by Baldwin's Trump impersonation after all.
You couldn't be farther from the truth but thanks for playing.

DEATH PENALTY FOR ALEC BALDWIN
Na. 10 years behind bars is more along the lines of what I'm thinking for each of the people in the chain of firing the weapon. Wrongful death needs to have consequences.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You couldn't be farther from the truth but thanks for playing.

Na. 10 years behind bars is more along the lines of what I'm thinking for each of the people in the chain of firing the weapon. Wrongful death needs to have consequences.
yes, yes, yes, guys, GromsDad is super serious about this

this is a very important situation guys

very important and very serious and GromsDad cares very very much

thank you for sharing your legal opinion based on two booger's worth of information from initial reports

I look forward to all the super duper serious threads you will make about this when Baldwin is cleared and can return to mocking Trump full time

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I can't wait to hear the deafening silence from the people who seem to care so very much about this incident with regard to DTJ....

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
The more I’m hearing the more I think this is a really bad look for Baldwin.

Union crew members apparently walked off the show before this incident citing that they hadn’t been paid in three weeks, the show stopped paying for their hotel rooms and safety concerns. These union crew members were replaced with non-union scabs. Including the propmaster who is the one likely responsible for this. A week or so ago, Baldwin released an instagram video in support of IATSE. As the shows lead and a producer* the fact that he showed up to shoot when a bunch of scabs replaced the crew.

*Producer doesn’t necessarily mean that he was the guy in charge or making the decisions or controlling the money. It just means his deal was likely for less money up front because it was a low budget indie film and he’d get points on the back end of the film was a success. Almost every indie film that has big name actors in it gives them producers credits.
I've only gotten this far in the thread and you are right, it doesn't look good for Baldwin.
While some may not agree, he was responsible for this persons death. I don't care who is "responsible" to check loads prior to the hand off of the weapon, the person that is ultimately firing the weapon is responsible to check that the gun is loaded and whether a round is chambered. This is basic firearm handling 101. This whole tragedy would have been avoided had Baldwin performed this simple task.
Baldwin should have checked the load himself. His failure to do so resulted in the death of his employee. Tragic and he should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Reactions: Belchfire1

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I've only gotten this far in the thread and you are right, it doesn't look good for Baldwin.
While some may not agree, he was responsible for this persons death. I don't care who is "responsible" to check loads prior to the hand off of the weapon, the person that is ultimately firing the weapon is responsible to check that the gun is loaded and whether a round is chambered. This is basic firearm handling 101. This whole tragedy would have been avoided had Baldwin performed this simple task.
Baldwin should have checked the load himself. His failure to do so resulted in the death of his employee. Tragic and he should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.
Baldwin has 99 problems and not checking the gun isn’t one.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
A "real" unmodified semi-automatic handguns will not cycle if this style of blank is used:

1635196602781.png

A prop semi-automatic gun could could, because the barrel has been partially/fully blocked and the expanding gases will have something to push against which in turn causes the slide to reciprocate.

I would expect you could turn a real gun into a prop guy by changing out the barrel (to a barrel that has been partially/fully blocked (and recoil spring?)......but would think it much, much, safer to have a replica prop gun that cannot load live cartridges, or can only use those .22 blanks used for driving nails into concrete.

Who to blame? I'll leave that to the pros.

Reactions: npsp

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
A "real" unmodified semi-automatic handguns will not cycle if this style of blank is used:

View attachment 118327

A prop semi-automatic gun could could, because the barrel has been partially/fully blocked and the expanding gases will have something to push against which in turn causes the slide to reciprocate.

I would expect you could turn a real gun into a prop guy by changing out the barrel (to a barrel that has been partially/fully blocked (and recoil spring?)......but would think it much, much, safer to have a replica prop gun that cannot load live cartridges, or can only use those .22 blanks used for driving nails into concrete.

Who to blame? I'll leave that to the pros.
I doubt this was a semi for this movie

It's a western, we're talking revolver

except Wild Bunch but that's based pre-WWI at the "death" of the west and the whole storyline has to do with aging outlaws that have nowhere to go

Reactions: $kully

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What do you mean?
because if the life is so precious, the failure so egregious (remember, we still don't know the facts), and their outrage so pure and unbiased, then I'd expect the same moralizing whingers to take issue with DTJ's using this person's death to advance a political agenda too

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Motivated reasoning affects character judgement.

A person with good character who stops you from doing what you want is perceived as bad.

A person with bad character who helps you get what you want is perceived as good.

SEE: Trump and the evangelicals.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
because if the life is so precious, the failure so egregious (remember, we still don't know the facts), and their outrage so pure and unbiased, then I'd expect the same moralizing whingers to take issue with DTJ's using this person's death to advance a political agenda too
Ok, DTJ is an asshole. That’s not news.

None of my comments have anything to do with using the person that Alex shot to advance a political agenda.

Happy now?

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Baldwin has 99 problems and not checking the gun isn’t one.
Not checking his gun just became the biggest problem of his life and took the life of an innocent person.
It only takes a few seconds to check a revolvers load. As I noted previously, it is the person who is pulling the trigger that is ultimately responsible for making sure the gun they are about to fire is loaded with the proper ammo. It appears to me that Baldwin did not have proper training on how to handle firearms and it cost someone their life.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
LOL

You actually think people are morally outraged and not just using this as a gotcha?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Not checking his gun just became the biggest problem of his life and took the life of an innocent person.
It only takes a few seconds to check a revolvers load. As I noted previously, it is the person who is pulling the trigger that is ultimately responsible for making sure the gun they are about to fire is loaded with the proper ammo. It appears to me that Baldwin did not have proper training on how to handle firearms and it cost someone their life.

We’ve already been through this.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Exactly.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I doubt this was a semi for this movie

It's a western, we're talking revolver

except Wild Bunch but that's based pre-WWI at the "death" of the west and the whole storyline has to do with aging outlaws that have nowhere to go

Agree 100%.

In my post, was talking about this form of blank specifically in semi-automatics/props.

I should have been more clear.

Reactions: Ifallalot