Long distance relationships?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003

met a girl in chatroom, she said she was 5'7", 116 pounds.

i liked that and we chatted a ton online, phone, for weeks. pics she gave me were super hot. we'd have plans to meet and she'd break em last minute. so busy.

she would tell me about her best friend, who was chubby. she said i should meet her, and i did. she was fat, but fairly cool, and i got a free lunch.

more calls/chats with the hot one followed and she asked if i would be interested in the fat friend. i said no. "shes cool, but i have no physical attraction."

a few more days of calls/chats and she stops responding. i got bummed for about a day, til i realized i'd been talking to the fat one all along. there was no real 116 pound girl at all. she was about 200.

i was embarassed to have fallen for that. bummed the real one didnt exist, and pissed i wasted so much time falling for a fake fantasy girl. but i was glad i hadnt blown it with a legit hottie.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com

i liked that and we chatted a ton online, phone, for weeks. pics she gave me were super hot. we'd have plans to meet and she'd break em last minute. so busy.

she would tell me about her best friend, who was chubby. she said i should meet her, and i did. she was fat, but fairly cool, and i got a free lunch.

more calls/chats with the hot one followed and she asked if i would be interested in the fat friend. i said no. "shes cool, but i have no physical attraction."

a few more days of calls/chats and she stops responding. i got bummed for about a day, til i realized i'd been talking to the fat one all along. there was no real 116 pound girl at all. she was about 200.

i was embarassed to have fallen for that. bummed the real one didnt exist, and pissed i wasted so much time falling for a fake fantasy girl. but i was glad i hadnt blown it with a legit hottie.
Bro, you got catfished! Was her name Janet Jackson? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: _____

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I had a relationship just shy of a year with a girl from SF about 15yrs ago. We were setup by mutual friends at a celebrity wedding and ended up spending an imprompto week together at what used to be the Pasadena Ritz Carlton with no intentions of pursuing anything further. But we had an unusually great time and there were fireworks so why not? LA<->SF was considerably easier to do with any sort of frequency than a LA<->NYC relationship.

The good and the bad…

The good…

-The honeymoon phase (best part of a relationship) is prolonged. Our relationship was fun and full of passion. We’d be apart for a week or two and then spend 2-3 days together partying and enjoying eachother. There was no time to really fight and get on eachother‘s nerves.

The bad…

-The distance helped mask a lot of red flags about her that I wished I recognized sooner. She was a lot more than a recreational cocaine user. She was a full blown coke head. She was also bipolar and unmedicated and I was fortunate to have been riding the manic waves for the majority of the time we were spending together which were pretty wild fun times.

It wasn’t until about 9 months in that the other side of her bipolar disorder started to reveal itself. Wild sex turned into crying during sex and and partying turned into anxious meltdowns in public. I tried to help her but she had other ideas and right when we were getting to the point of talking about moving in together and she got mad that I wouldn’t support some ridiculous reality TV endeavor she was pursuing. She got cast on this show and it was crystal clear that she was gonna be the crazy girl crying in the testimonials on The Real World and I wasn’t there for that. So we broke up over it. I can go on with the trainwreck of her life beyond that. But the gist of it is that I dodged a major bullet.

Have your fun and enjoy the extended honeymoon phase but keep in mind that you won’t really know her till you spend significant time with her.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

freaking amateur. when I did the online thing I would ask for full body pictures with her holding a dated newspaper in the picture. homey dont play that.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I had a relationship just shy of a year with a girl from SF about 15yrs ago. We were setup by mutual friends at a celebrity wedding and ended up spending an imprompto week together at what used to be the Pasadena Ritz Carlton with no intentions of pursuing anything further. But we had an unusually great time and there were fireworks so why not? LA<->SF was considerably easier to do with any sort of frequency than a LA<->NYC relationship.

The good and the bad…

The good…

-The honeymoon phase (best part of a relationship) is prolonged. Our relationship was fun and full of passion. We’d be apart for a week or two and then spend 2-3 days together partying and enjoying eachother. There was no time to really fight and get on eachother‘s nerves.

The bad…

-The distance helped mask a lot of red flags about her that I wished I recognized sooner. She was a lot more than a recreational cocaine user. She was a full blown coke head. She was also bipolar and unmedicated and I was fortunate to have been riding the manic waves for the majority of the time we were spending together which were pretty wild fun times.

It wasn’t until about 9 months in that the other side of her bipolar disorder started to reveal itself. Wild sex turned into crying during sex and and partying turned into anxious meltdowns in public. I tried to help her but she had other ideas and right when we were getting to the point of talking about moving in together and she got mad that I wouldn’t support some ridiculous reality TV endeavor she was pursuing. She got cast on this show and it was crystal clear that she was gonna be the crazy girl crying in the testimonials on The Real World and I wasn’t there for that. So we broke up over it. I can go on with the trainwreck of her life beyond that. But the gist of it is that I dodged a major bullet.

Have your fun and enjoy the extended honeymoon phase but keep in mind that you won’t really know her till you spend significant time with her.
Hit and run buddy.. hit and run. That's how you handle sociopaths. At least that's how I do it. (and Charlie Harper does it that way too so I got that going for me).

Did she have a clean shaved beaver at least? That's kind of a tell with the crazy's. If not.. run for the hills.

Glad you made it out alive!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Hit and run buddy.. hit and run. That's how you handle sociopaths. At least that's how I do it. (and Charlie Harper does it that way too so I got that going for me).

Did she have a clean shaved beaver at least? That's kind of a tell with the crazy's. If not.. run for the hills.

Glad you made it out alive!
A LOT of lessons were learned. I more than had my fun and I thankfully got out before there was any real investment in a shared living situation. And thankfully she didn’t leave me any lasting gifts that required visits to the clinic, there was def some playing with fire in that dept.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

I had something similar happen back in 1998 when I was 14.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I had something similar happen back in 1998 when I was 14.
My experience with this was in 7th grade.

Sharon liked me, sent me notes, and signed them "Michelle".

There were 5 Michelles my my grade at the time.

- Had a minor crush on Michelle A in 7th grade but was too chicken to do anything about it until 8th grade and for an afternoon held her hand and made John V jealous
- Michelle T was the cutest and rich, met her younger sister in college and had to shoo her off
- Michelle S was a bit dumb but nice, lived near Susan B
-Other Michelle A too much of a goody-goody and think she nearly died in a car wreck in highschool
-Michelle D who later tried out for the Olympic swim team (failed to qualify) was like a lumpy boy who reminded me of my athletic sister and punched just as hard

Anyway, I never responded and only found out who really sent them when I was at college and had randomly run into Sharon at the student union. Catch-up game was fun.

cutnsnip have u consummated the relationship yet?
Pics or it didn't happen!

:nana:

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
.....and thats a wrap on that :roflmao:

ultimately I couldnt sustain the texting/ facetime 24/7 and she noticed. she pulled back - then the last couple of days I over compensated. Had the talk this morning and neither one of us wants to deal with what happens after she woulda left here and while i was a little more willing to roll the dice and see what happened and just have fun than she was its sort of a huge relief. I was making alot of compromises in my mind when I normally dont make those compromises until i know its something real so its a bit of a relief. oh well, interesting while it lasted.

Just lined up a date with another lil 27 year old hottie for Tuesday but this one lives 2 miles away. appreciate all the advice and experiences everyone - even you Havoc. lol

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What whirlwind couple weeks!
I was hoping for an erBB wedding, but I'm sure it's for the best. Maybe now you'll just have a f-buddy next time you make it out to NYC

Reactions: CutnSnip

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
.....and thats a wrap on that :roflmao:

ultimately I couldnt sustain the texting/ facetime 24/7 and she noticed. she pulled back - then the last couple of days I over compensated. Had the talk this morning and neither one of us wants to deal with what happens after she woulda left here and while i was a little more willing to roll the dice and see what happened and just have fun than she was its sort of a huge relief. I was making alot of compromises in my mind when I normally dont make those compromises until i know its something real so its a bit of a relief. oh well, interesting while it lasted.

Just lined up a date with another lil 27 year old hottie for Tuesday but this one lives 2 miles away. appreciate all the advice and experiences everyone - even you Havoc. lol

just watch out for Armando...

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin