Speaking of surf schools and mental health….

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
I live five minutes from this beach and can say it's changed dramatically over the last 20 years. 20 years ago the parking lot was dirt, and never full. Then they paved it and put in paid parking. Now it's almost always full. The lineup is full of beginners on soft tops. The surf schools aren't the biggest problem, it's the "graduates"

This isn't a great wave, but like a lot of places, it has it's days. I've lived here 22 years, and know a lot of locals who grew up here. Many of the long time locals/regulars are solid surfers. It's really hard for these guys, because this break used to be pretty localized. On marginal days, sometimes you don't see any regulars, just clueless newbs and blow ins.

Guys who turn their back to the horizon while sitting inside. Guys who turn turtle on 1 ft white water. People who sit on the shoulder in the line of the wave.

It's a disaster.
You just described my regular spot. It's an infection and it's spreading. But may I remind you: YOU DON'T OWN THE OCEAN, MAAAAAAAAAN!:shameonyou:

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah, I was referring to the article about Pacifica, not Goleta, but I get your point. Yes, there are places close by that are less beginner friendly, but those places don't work nearly as often as the beach in the article, which has the most surf able days per year of any place within an hour's drive, if not the best waves.

Sorry but real Goleta locals do not continue to surf cam'Puss after grom days:foreheadslap: In high school we logged all day or after heading South or North on 50-60'z vintage boards peeling glass before kooks used them for wall hangers and cost same or more then new board:toilet: Yes 805 is wave starved from islands and takes huge West to light up and Souths hardly ever sneak in but most know where to look by time you get license. Agree grads adult learners biggest problem 100%

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’ll go out on a limb and say that a self-employed surf instructor had limited access to mental healthcare unless his wife was gainfully employed with a healthplan that covered them both.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I’ll go out on a limb and say that a self-employed surf instructor had limited access to mental healthcare unless his wife was gainfully employed with a healthplan that covered them both.
Why do I have strong feelings this stu grad not only never left SB but his wife has/had a job at ucsb:shrug: so hipster pos could teach other adult learners and children how to surf.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
He was driving a Mercedes Sprinter.

There's plenty of mental healthcare access especially for people who can afford those.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
He was driving a Mercedes Sprinter.

There's plenty of mental healthcare access especially for people who can afford those.
Smells like a trustafarian.

But as we’ve seen here on the erBB there are plenty of presumptuous seemingly healthy younger individuals who don’t think they need healthcare, even if they’re of means.

Reactions: mundus

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yeah, I was referring to the article about Pacifica, not Goleta, but I get your point. Yes, there are places close by that are less beginner friendly, but those places don't work nearly as often as the beach in the article, which has the most surf able days per year of any place within an hour's drive, if not the best waves.
So you guys up there in pacifica banned non-whites from surfing according that article. It’s like the Jim Crow south up there!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Why do I have strong feelings this stu grad not only never left SB but his wife has/had a job at ucsb:shrug: so hipster pos could teach other adult learners and children how to surf.
I remember surfing deverux one day during El Niño when it was semi decent. Some older Dude on a maroon bonzer burned a student/kook then cut back into him ran him over and called him some sort of derogatory term.
I want to think that lol was you although I am sure there is no way you were surfing ever slow.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Eat sh!t Matt.

When he goes to prison we should get his contact info and mail him this thread to let him know how sorry his parents must be that he was ever fucking born.

The only thing he deserves is a cellmate with the biggest dick in the facility along with a diet of donkey semen, which is the only "food" he should be permitted to consume until he dies in prison.

"On Monday, it showed that Mr. Coleman was still in Mexico and was near the San Ysidro Port of Entry, where another F.B.I. agent interviewed him when he attempted to cross back into the United States, the authorities said. There was no sign of his children, according to investigators, who said that they had found blood on the vehicle’s registration papers.

The bodies of Mr. Coleman’s two children, identified in court records only by their initials — the girl was R.C. and the boy was K.C. — were found in a ditch by the Mexican authorities, and they had large puncture wounds to their chest cavities, the F.B.I. said. In the affidavit, investigators wrote that Mr. Coleman told them that he had discarded the spearfishing gun in a creek and his bloody clothes in a trash bin at the side of a road in Tijuana.

Investigators said that Mr. Coleman told them that his son was still alive after he shot him with the spearfishing gun and that he continued to move the spear around. He told an F.B.I. agent that he had fired the spearfishing gun into his daughter’s heart, the authorities said."

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Eat sh!t Matt.

When he goes to prison we should get his contact info and mail him this thread to let him know how sorry his parents must be that he was ever fucking born.

The only thing he deserves is a cellmate with the biggest dick in the facility along with a diet of donkey semen, which is the only "food" he should be permitted to consume until he dies in prison.

"On Monday, it showed that Mr. Coleman was still in Mexico and was near the San Ysidro Port of Entry, where another F.B.I. agent interviewed him when he attempted to cross back into the United States, the authorities said. There was no sign of his children, according to investigators, who said that they had found blood on the vehicle’s registration papers.

The bodies of Mr. Coleman’s two children, identified in court records only by their initials — the girl was R.C. and the boy was K.C. — were found in a ditch by the Mexican authorities, and they had large puncture wounds to their chest cavities, the F.B.I. said. In the affidavit, investigators wrote that Mr. Coleman told them that he had discarded the spearfishing gun in a creek and his bloody clothes in a trash bin at the side of a road in Tijuana.

Investigators said that Mr. Coleman told them that his son was still alive after he shot him with the spearfishing gun and that he continued to move the spear around. He told an F.B.I. agent that he had fired the spearfishing gun into his daughter’s heart, the authorities said."
this made me sick to my stomach

Reactions: keenfish

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Unless he reversed a plan to disappear himself rather than return to the states, I don't understand the secret trip to Mexico(?)