Speaking of surf schools and mental health….

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Sometimes people are guided by voices and "spirits." Fortunately they're not often guided to kill people.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Some kids are really annoying.

My dad tried to kill me but I was too quick.

Now with my bad foot I would be easy to kill but he's dead so I'm safe.

Hey, I know someone who does séances and the like for fun and profit.

Want me to see if I can find out if he still wants you tué.

And if he does, well, I do know a different friend who knows someone that does "clearings" for profit.

My fee will with 10% of total charges.

Have your people contact my people and we'll get going. The life you save could be mine because I really want to retire early.

PS
You think he'll be extradited or will be tried/jailed in US only? I'd assume since he committed the crime in Mex that he will ultimately stand trial there too?
I got $10 that says he won't be extradited back to Mexico.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rice and Boneroni

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
If I just read about this today and had no knowledge of the players, I too would hope this person would rot in hell. Fate worse than death kind of stuff.

But I know Matt, or at least felt I did. Surfed with him any number of times. Pushed kids from his surf school into waves. Smiled and shared family stories. We weren't close friends, but we were certainly on a first name basis. This whole thing is so utterly senseless and awful. There's no words to describe the feeling. It's horrific. I'm so confused and at a loss. Never in a million plus years would I ever have predicted such a thing.

The best thing that was said in this thread, and which applies to ALL situations and ALL communities, was by @Bayview : "Check in on your buds And trust your gut. ill bet someone close to him thought something was off and hindsight 20:20 shoulda said or done something"

Sadly, I don't know that many in our community will have that 20/20 hindsight, but if there was someone... I hope this is a lesson learned. Did Matt have a bipolar issue? I have no idea. Did Matt have drug problems? Not that I was aware of. Did Matt have psychosocial issues? Again, not that I was aware of.

Note: I've cut and deleted a few different responses I've had on this thread. I haven't wanted to check in, except to say I was confused and horrified when it first broke. At this point, I'm no further along in trying to process this. I feel awful for Abby.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yeah this is brutal. I feel for you man. I’ve been close to victims of mind-meltingly senseless violence and it’s horrific, no matter how sane the person was up until their psychotic break. it will never make sense

Reactions: sh3 and kidfury

huryanpost

Michael Peterson status
Dec 9, 2010
If I just read about this today and had no knowledge of the players, I too would hope this person would rot in hell. Fate worse than death kind of stuff.

But I know Matt, or at least felt I did. Surfed with him any number of times. Pushed kids from his surf school into waves. Smiled and shared family stories. We weren't close friends, but we were certainly on a first name basis. This whole thing is so utterly senseless and awful. There's no words to describe the feeling. It's horrific. I'm so confused and at a loss. Never in a million plus years would I ever have predicted such a thing.

The best thing that was said in this thread, and which applies to ALL situations and ALL communities, was by @Bayview : "Check in on your buds And trust your gut. ill bet someone close to him thought something was off and hindsight 20:20 shoulda said or done something"

Sadly, I don't know that many in our community will have that 20/20 hindsight, but if there was someone... I hope this is a lesson learned. Did Matt have a bipolar issue? I have no idea. Did Matt have drug problems? Not that I was aware of. Did Matt have psychosocial issues? Again, not that I was aware of.

Note: I've cut and deleted a few different responses I've had on this thread. I haven't wanted to check in, except to say I was confused and horrified when it first broke. At this point, I'm no further along in trying to process this. I feel awful for Abby.
the Mother of the children, I am thinking of you, the tears flow my love is put forth.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

And if he does, well, I do know a different friend who knows someone that does "clearings" for profit.

Have your people contact my people and we'll get going. The life you save could be mine because I really want to retire early.

PS

Make it a Cnote and you’re on. Or as much as you want. Mexico has been compliant with USA extradition orders under both the past and present administrations, why wouldn’t the USA be compliant in kind?

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Mental illness, schizophrenia, bipolarism, psychosis, aren't political states. Nice try.

He could just as well have killed them because he believed Cher would marry him if he did.
Cher passed 20yrs ago but was taxidermed, animatronic-ed, and A.I.-ed.
:whistle:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

PS

Here is the weird thing. I never felt unloved by my dad.

He just had trouble self regulating.

You don't know how many of my friends said they didn't feel loved by their fathers when they were kids.

Love me, DADDY!

If you listen to Christain pop songs it's all about a trustworthy alpha male father figure who loves them unconditionally.

Weird sh!t.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Here is the weird thing. I never felt unloved by my dad.

He just had trouble self regulating.

You don't know how many of my friends said they didn't feel loved by their fathers when they were kids.

Love me, DADDY!

If you listen to Christain pop songs it's all about a trustworthy alpha male father figure who loves them unconditionally.

Weird sh!t.

Christian pop is idiotic and awful. Do not listen to it.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Christian pop is idiotic and awful. Do not listen to it.
Theme is always the same: transcendence through the unconditional love of a trustworthy alpha male.

Maybe mix it up.

Let the devil win sometimes.

Christian pop uses deceptive pattern mimicry.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Theme is always the same: transcendence through the unconditional love of a trustworthy alpha male.

Maybe mix it up.

Let the devil win sometimes.

Christian pop uses deceptive pattern mimicry.
About all I can do is recommend old Christian pop: Bach, Handel, Billings and - of course - the Psalter. The Psalter has numerous motifs you would find appalling but at least interesting.

Reactions: Boneroni