Speaking of surf schools and mental health….

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The older I get the less empathy I have for people. He will get an insanity deal instead of a needle. I think that's BS. Plenty of people with mental health issues don't commit crimes. I think there should be the same punishment regardless of mental health. If you kill kids I really don't care how messed up your head is, you need to go.
He’ll ultimately be extradited to a place where his level of crazy is far exceeded by the local population. No insanity deal here. No death penalty either.

Reactions: waxhead

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
He’ll ultimately be extradited to a place where his level of crazy is far exceeded by the local population. No insanity deal here. No death penalty either.
You think he'll be extradited or will be tried/jailed in US only? I'd assume since he committed the crime in Mex that he will ultimately stand trial there too?

Bartiparo

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 4, 2012
As for his motive, Coleman told interviewers "he was enlightened by QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories and was receiving visions and signs revealing that his wife [Abby] possessed serpent DNA and had passed it onto his children."

Mexican investigators later recovered the murder weapon, the bloodied clothes, and a baby's blanket. They said the boy had been stabbed an additional 17 times, the girl 12 times, possibly with a wooden stake that was found covered in blood nearby.

• Sad
Reactions: $kully

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Clown World collides with real world. those poor children :cry:

Mental illness, schizophrenia, bipolarism, psychosis, aren't political states. Nice try.

He could just as well have killed them because he believed Cher would marry him if he did.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Mental illness, schizophrenia, bipolarism, psychosis, aren't political states. Nice try.

He could just as well have killed them because he believed Cher would marry him if he did.
But he didn't, do the people who put this garbage bear any responsibility at all?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You think he'll be extradited or will be tried/jailed in US only? I'd assume since he committed the crime in Mex that he will ultimately stand trial there too?
Definitely extradited. No reason for the US not too. Mexico can send him back to face whatever charges the US has if he lives out his sentence here. Not likely for him.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

actually, you made the point nicely for me - Clown World is not a political state, either. it's a mental defect. ymmv.

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
I live five minutes from this beach and can say it's changed dramatically over the last 20 years. 20 years ago the parking lot was dirt, and never full. Then they paved it and put in paid parking. Now it's almost always full. The lineup is full of beginners on soft tops. The surf schools aren't the biggest problem, it's the "graduates"

This isn't a great wave, but like a lot of places, it has it's days. I've lived here 22 years, and know a lot of locals who grew up here. Many of the long time locals/regulars are solid surfers. It's really hard for these guys, because this break used to be pretty localized. On marginal days, sometimes you don't see any regulars, just clueless newbs and blow ins.

Guys who turn their back to the horizon while sitting inside. Guys who turn turtle on 1 ft white water. People who sit on the shoulder in the line of the wave.

It's a disaster.

Mental health?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
There have been more than a few studies, here's one:

"40% of perpetrators had a recorded mental disorder, which is consistent with findings from smaller studies"

I havent' read the whole thing, but this study seems to find only what percentage of people had previously diagnosed mental illness or previously reported mental health symptoms,
not wheather they were actually ill.

There's this too: https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/12/are-all-murderers-mentally-ill/67295/

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I live five minutes from this beach and can say it's changed dramatically over the last 20 years. 20 years ago the parking lot was dirt, and never full. Then they paved it and put in paid parking. Now it's almost always full. The lineup is full of beginners on soft tops. The surf schools aren't the biggest problem, it's the "graduates"

This isn't a great wave, but like a lot of places, it has it's days. I've lived here 22 years, and know a lot of locals who grew up here. Many of the long time locals/regulars are solid surfers. It's really hard for these guys, because this break used to be pretty localized. On marginal days, sometimes you don't see any regulars, just clueless newbs and blow ins.

Guys who turn their back to the horizon while sitting inside. Guys who turn turtle on 1 ft white water. People who sit on the shoulder in the line of the wave.

It's a disaster.
Sorry but real Goleta locals do not continue to surf cam'Puss after grom days:foreheadslap: In high school we logged all day or after heading South or North on 50-60'z vintage boards peeling glass before kooks used them for wall hangers and cost same or more then new board:toilet: Yes 805 is wave starved from islands and takes huge West to light up and Souths hardly ever sneak in but most know where to look by time you get license. Agree grads adult learners biggest problem 100%

Last edited:
Reactions: santacruzin