*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Not sure if you're replying to my post, as it's immediately under, assumed you were...

Not masking to enter wasn't the issue, eas masked.... The issue is being denied entry to any establishments based solely on a QR code on a cell phone that "says" you're vaxxed.

Apparently these people who are trying this discriminatory policy have never heard of "coding" or "internet piracy"?

:shrug:

"You want a QR code? I can get you a QR code as easy as say a little pinky toe with green nail polish".

:roflmao::shrug::socrazy:
Not directed at anybody, just a test
1628170762224.gif

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Mother in law, 84, on O2 24/7 w/COPD, missing most of her lungs due to cancer, who survived 2 clots in her aorta, has tested positive, after a 4 person outbreak in her residence. There used to be 33 residents, that number has dwindled in the last year, but they'd mostly avoided the virus, until now....

She's had both Pfizer doses.... But, the odds do NOT look good.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::censored::censored::censored:
Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to your MIL. Hopefully the vaccine gave her enough protection to fight this off. Having lost multiple family members to COPD, I know even a minor respiratory illness is serious.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Probably time to study ADE:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
delta variant is rampant here but you wouldn't know it looking around. tourist season in full swing. no one wearing masks pretty much anywhere. tons of unvaxxed people here. should be interesting.

also just saw an old friend who got it like 6 months ago. he's still fcked up. can't walk very far without having to stop to catch his breath. he's pretty much unable to work and his doctor wants him to apply for disability. he's 43 years old. gnarly.

• Sad
Reactions: need 4 speed

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
delta variant is rampant here but you wouldn't know it looking around. tourist season in full swing. no one wearing masks pretty much anywhere. tons of unvaxxed people here. should be interesting.

also just saw an old friend who got it like 6 months ago. he's still fcked up. can't walk very far without having to stop to catch his breath. he's pretty much unable to work and his doctor wants him to apply for disability. he's 43 years old. gnarly.
Did you get your vax?

Are you running around with a mask on?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Did you get your vax?

Are you running around with a mask on?
i got the moderna shot back in..April? whenever it first became available.

i haven't been wearing masks except in the health food store which is the only business that has started asking people to wear them again.
Did he get the vax?

I heard that it helps the long haulers.

Did you get it?
i didn't ask. i will next time i see him.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It was a mistake to say no masks after shots.

Humans really notice when you take stuff off of their plate.

It should have been no masks until we get 70% vaccination.

But I think it's too political/religious now.

We are just going to ride it out. With the % of unvaccinated putting an unnecessary drain on the system.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It was a mistake to say no masks after shots.

Humans really notice when you take stuff off of their plate.

It should have been no masks until we get 70% vaccination.

But I think it's too political/religious now.

We are just going to ride it out. With the % of unvaccinated putting an unnecessary drain on the system.
You are oversimplifying like an HR reptile who doesn't want to understand. I get it - to keep your job you will have to go reptile. Humans will miss you.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You are oversimplifying like an HR reptile who doesn't want to understand. I get it - to keep your job you will have to go reptile. Humans will miss you.
As I mentioned, I already got the shot before it was mandated at my work.

So as is common, you are attributing motives to me that I don't have.

That is like when you accused youcantbeserious of being an out of touch scholar living in the ivory tower when he's not working as a teacher.

I get it.

--Reptile out!

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location

That is like when you accused youcantbeserious of being an out of touch scholar living in the ivory tower when he's not working as a teacher.

I get it.

--Reptile out!
Problem is it’s worse now. I work in Hollywood.

I only do it for the ridiculous money though. Yay capitalism!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

I wasn't trying to attribute motives to you. I was informing you of your drift or rather your porpoising in the boundary layer between humanity and lizardry. Obviously job security in most white collar professions today increasingly requires lizardry with its beliefs, rituals, calendar/holy days, and enemies.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I wasn't trying to attribute motives to you. I was informing you of your drift or rather your porpoising in the boundary layer between humanity and lizardry. Obviously job security in most white collar professions today increasingly requires lizardry with its beliefs, rituals, calendar/holy days, and enemies.
Now you are just being silly.

I'm the university version of rōnin.

And I got one foot out the door.

I can live on my pension now if I quit.

But I still like being in the class with the kids.

But cool story!

Reactions: PRCD