Stab Cares

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
We have a a$$ clown like this here who inherited his dads business and adult kearner status in line up but takes pictures of all local "C" rippers and runs website with pics of all local spots. Yet on social media someone exposes one of the right point breaks already full blown crowd cries to mods to take down.
Amazing isnt it? Like the surf school owner bitching about crowds at fooking Malizoo.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Sometimes I miss the old days of flying punches. These days localism is more like cry to your mom who is filming you from the cliffs and she will call her lawyer husband who bought the $5M dollar home they moved into last year, which makes them now local.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
i liked localism bc most of the time the tough locals were first class meatballs that werent the best surfers and provided good entertainment

also love the locals at soft waves

when i moved to windansea after college there was the main tough guy - think he lived in a motorhome with his dad - saw him going nuts on a guy for wearing a leash - next week mr tough guy was wearing a leash

have always traveled and surfed alone or w just my kid and never had any real problems but in Tahiti paddled out to a real good wave - 3 locals out i sat wide and watched -

one guy paddled over to me and told me to get out of the water - big scary dude- i paddled really wide and just watched them - 30 mins later same dude paddles over and invites me to surf with them - shared tubes for hours with them then beers after

i am a fan of localism

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
why is it so hard for the post-modern mind to understand and apply the concept of respect?
"Hey Nineteen".... Steely Dan

aretha-franklin.jpg

"Hey Nineteen
That's 'Retha Franklin
She don't remember
The Queen of Soul
It's hard times befallen
The Soul Survivors
She thinks I'm crazy
But I'm just growing old

Hey Nineteen
No we got nothing in common
No we can't talk at all
Please take me along
When you slide on down"

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Paddled out in the dark today. Waves were good size for south shore. This huge moke paddles out and he tells me good morning. I couldn’t see who it was cause there’s guys on longboards that surf the rights and scraps I don’t say hi too. I give a half hearted good morning and paddle and catch a small sh*tty one, I could see it’s the moke I know.,As I paddle back out he calls out what brah you no say good morning when someone tells you good morning. I didn’t think he was talking to me cause I did say good morning. I was thinking oh oh Barak. Cause B was between us. But he’s staring right at me. I say I said good morning. He says oh. I paddle right up to him and shake hands and tell him I must’ve said it softly. He’s all smiles now. Later I paddle for the same wave as him but pull back. He paddled back out to tell me thanks and went in on the next bump, wasn’t really a set.

Moral of the story tell huge mokes on longboards good morning.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Paddled out in the dark today. Waves were good size for south shore. This huge moke paddles out and he tells me good morning. I couldn’t see who it was cause there’s guys on longboards that surf the rights and scraps I don’t say hi too. I give a half hearted good morning and paddle and catch a small sh*tty one, I could see it’s the moke I know.,As I paddle back out he calls out what brah you no say good morning when someone tells you good morning. I didn’t think he was talking to me cause I did say good morning. I was thinking oh oh Barak. Cause B was between us. But he’s staring right at me. I say I said good morning. He says oh. I paddle right up to him and shake hands and tell him I must’ve said it softly. He’s all smiles now. Later I paddle for the same wave as him but pull back. He paddled back out to tell me thanks and went in on the next bump, wasn’t really a set.

Moral of the story tell huge mokes on longboards good morning.
Was it BA?

I can see him saying that lol

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
To be a hardcore local regulator type takes a big toll on most people. I've seen a few of the older generation around here take it to the extreme and it's inevitably led to big problems for them.
This. I see a lot of regulators from when I grew up 20+ years ago who look pretty beat down. Drugs, booze, jail time, not surfing. They were the ultimate alphas and kept things orderly, but you can't out asshole an endless line of people. Things fall apart.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
This. I see a lot of regulators from when I grew up 20+ years ago who look pretty beat down. Drugs, booze, jail time, not surfing. They were the ultimate alphas and kept things orderly, but you can't out asshole an endless line of people. Things fall apart.
Whats his face from Pipeline ended up locked up.

Braden dias?

Rico Jimenez did too but looks like hes turned his life around.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Was it BA?

I can see him saying that lol
No I know BA well and get along with him. It was a friend of his. Just got out of prison this past winter. Ronnie Boy introduced him to the lineup to warn us a couple months ago but I can’t remember his name.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
No I know BA well and get along with him. It was a friend of his. Just got out of prison this past winter. Ronnie Boy introduced him to the lineup to warn us a couple months ago but I can’t remember his name.
Oh I thought he was joking mad. Never realized he was actually mad