Tomo MPH

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Wish there was more footage of people surfing these! I remember Tomo had a short vid back in the day but it's long gone now.
I remember that one. There was another model in that vid I was considering getting instead of the GMM2. It was called the (something) whisperer......cant remember exactly.

Could you imagine if I got that other model? I may have never happened upon my favorite board of all time!

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I remember that one. There was another model in that vid I was considering getting instead of the GMM2. It was called the (something) whisperer......cant remember exactly.

Could you imagine if I got that other model? I may have never happened upon my favorite board of all time!
pretty sure it was called the “Forest Whisperer”

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
what is the difference between the pointy nose V4 and the el tomo fish?
Things I do know: El Tomo has more curve in the middle and a wing to a deeper cut swallow tail. It's a fish. The V4 is a high performance short board with no wing and a relatively straight rail line in the last 2'. So...

Something I suspect: The El Tomo has less rocker.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA

hopefully reforest got that in his backups!

• Haha
Reactions: jkb

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

It was called the Dribble Whisperer... i think RK and Dan came up with that name because the waves are always so small in SoCal (like a dribble) and that board worked so well in small conditions. I actually think the GMM2 is an updated version of the Dribble Whisperer. :unsure: Not 100% sure though...

I remember that video as well. Really good footage of Dan riding those early models. I managed to boot-leg download a copy of the Vader footage before it was taken down and reposted it on YouTube but didnt download the Dribble Whisperer one. Dan is ripping lowers on a Vader! :jamon:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I heard back from Shey.
5'0 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/4 = 24.6L
5'0 x 18 x 2 1/4 = 24.3L

:unsure:

Reactions: sh3