Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
This is a completely incorrect statement. I'm not going to start dropping tickers, but there are other coins that are backed by revenue generating technology that serves a purpose.
What revenue generating technology or purpose? All Robinhood lists are BTC, ETH, their hard forks that are still POW store of value coins, and DOGE.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
It’s all shitcoin, vaporware , gobblie too nonsense!
Get off my lawn with your YOLOs and your Tesla’s

Lots of us are making money of this.
Yes you have to do some research, use your brain and apply some general investing techniques.
Some posts here have led me to learn about and then invest in some stuff that’s made me happy .

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
When the GME squeeze happened, a guy posted on WSB sub reddit that he adopted an ape. Appropriate since millions of the users on WSB refer to themselves as apes and 'together apes strong'. This started a wave of donations by everyone who made money on the GME pumps. So many donations happened that the Diane Fosse gorilla fund gave a shoutout to the WSB crew for all their donations.

DOGE is now trying to do something similar with people posting they are adopting a dog from the pound or donating to animal shelters with some of their DOGE winnings.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
What revenue generating technology or purpose? All Robinhood lists are BTC, ETH, their hard forks that are still POW store of value coins, and DOGE.
Aw didn't realize you were only talking about Robinhood supported coins. You can't actually transfer any coins from RH to a wallet right? You don't actually "own" them? I heard something about that. Not real familair with RH.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Robinhood you can't transfer coins off their platform. Which means if you're a long term hodl, and they get hacked, you're f*cked.

And one only needs to watch the congressional hearing on GME with the CEO from Robinhood to realize how dumb you have to be to continuing using that platform.

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
Robinhood you can't transfer coins off their platform. Which means if you're a long term hodl, and they get hacked, you're f*cked. And one only needs to watch the congressional hearing on GME with the CEO from Robinhood to realize how dumb you have to be to continuing using that platform.
For real. Their liquidity issues that they finally admitted to are troubling to say the least.

"excess of SIPC" coverage which provides an aggregate of $100 million of coverage—up to $1.5 million for cash and $10 million for securities per customer, after the SIPC coverage is exhausted.

Although there is a safety net as specified above, I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with having any real amount of cash tied to a RH account. There is some super shady stuff going on with the PFOF, Citadel, and Melvin Capital for sure.

Reactions: santacruzin

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Robinhood you can't transfer coins off their platform. Which means if you're a long term hodl, and they get hacked, you're f*cked. And one only needs to watch the congressional hearing on GME with the CEO from Robinhood to realize how dumb you have to be to continuing using that platform.
I absolutely love the marriage of subversion and humanity that these events embody

fk the bosses!

• Love
Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Bitcoin bringing max pain tonight.

Slamming alts faces into the parking lot asphalt like Red Lee.

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
Bitcoin bringing max pain tonight.

Slamming alts faces into the parking lot asphalt like Red Lee.
Ugly. Looks like buyers are stepping in now, slight reversal.

Hopefully some of the recently hammered small cap stocks get some buy volume this week. There seeems to be a correlation with crypto tanking and small caps getting action. We shall see, lots of crypto trading time between now and then.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Aw didn't realize you were only talking about Robinhood supported coins. You can't actually transfer any coins from RH to a wallet right? You don't actually "own" them? I heard something about that. Not real familair with RH.
Yes, I was talking specifically about Robinhood coins. None of them are revenue-producing, because they're all POW coins and most are POW shitcoins. Also true that you can't transfer out of RH and that makes it worthless as a crypto onramp.

I'm well aware of other revenue-producing coins; I'm probably the biggest DeFi shill on the forum and very bullish in general on BNB, SOL, and LUNA.

Few folks are saying that this FUD caused the flash crash earlier today:

Reactions: santacruzin

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
Yes, I was talking specifically about Robinhood coins. None of them are revenue-producing, because they're all POW coins and most are POW shitcoins. Also true that you can't transfer out of RH and that makes it worthless as a crypto onramp.

I'm well aware of other revenue-producing coins; I'm probably the biggest DeFi shill on the forum and very bullish in general on BNB, SOL, and LUNA.

Few folks are saying that this FUD caused the flash crash earlier today:
Cheers. Looks like about a 20% draw down on most coins based on that news. I have a feeling the IRS will be reviewing CAP gains taxes this year, and will have a realization that they may not be....allocating your gains in the best possible way for the good of Country.