Is this how you treat a member of the armed forces during a routine traffic stop?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

It describes what lead to the confrontation as well. There was no justification for the cops' actions. The lieutenant didn't make it easier on himself during the process of being screamed at and threatened with violence, but that's no excuse.
”lawsuit alleges”

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Are all black suppose to think the same way about it?

I‘m guessing you already “know” how all those blacks (are suppose to) think.
Who said that? I clearly said "go ask all your black friends" and ask them what they feel about it. I didn't say "go ask all your black friends and they'll confirm exactly what I'm saying".

Duffy is super triggered today.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
”lawsuit alleges”
Yes. That's generally how these things happen. Did you see something inaccurate about the allegations in the tape of the incident? The police have control of the body cam footage, they could have dispelled any lies or misperceptions by now. But maybe they're just waiting for the sake of drama. :poke: #nevergiveuphope

• Haha

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes. That's generally how these things happen. Did you see something inaccurate about the allegations in the tape of the incident? The police have control of the body cam footage, they could have dispelled any lies or misperceptions by now. But maybe they're just waiting for the sake of drama. :poke: #nevergiveuphope
An allegation isn’t evidence.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Does an American citizen have the right to know why they are being detained and/or arrested?

Does an American citizen have the right to ask if they have broken any laws?

Is an obscured license plate really cause for pulling your service weapon?

Where are the constitution-waving libertarians on this one?
Agreeing with you

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The dude clearly has a plate, but driving down a road at night that one looks easy to miss. I'm not sure what is going on with society. Maybe it's just the cameras and nobody ever listened to the cops.

Like Duffy I want to see what happened before. This guy was told to get out of his car. Kind of like George Floyd was told to show his hands. Instead of doing what they were told, that instant, or speaking while complying, they blabbed like it's a debate. Non-compliance with that merits being roughly tossed to the ground and cuffed. Neck kneeling for 9 minutes and pepper spray is too much, but what the fuck. You were told to do something. Do it.

And for the record they should have used attack helicopters on the Bundys.

Schools need remedial obedience training. CO with a nightstick, bludgeon the thigh/hamstring/glute to tamp down defiance.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The dude clearly has a plate, but driving down a road at night that one looks easy to miss. I'm not sure what is going on with society. Maybe it's just the cameras and nobody ever listened to the cops.

Like Duffy I want to see what happened before. This guy was told to get out of his car. Kind of like George Floyd was told to show his hands. Instead of doing what they were told, that instant, or speaking while complying, they blabbed like it's a debate. Non-compliance with that merits being roughly tossed to the ground and cuffed. Neck kneeling for 9 minutes and pepper spray is too much, but what the fook. You were told to do something. Do it.

And for the record they should have used attack helicopters on the Bundys.

Schools need remedial obedience training. CO with a nightstick, bludgeon the thigh/hamstring/glute to tamp down defiance.
Kind of hard to unbuckle seatbelt while being screamed at to keep your hands up at gunpoint. Which order should he of listened to, get out of car or hands up?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
by duffy’s logic, ANY driver can be seen as a threat for ANY reason just based on the fact that he or she is driving down the street.
This is absolutely true and how cops think

and also ask any Black person how many times they’ve been pulled over for some made up bullshit like “obstruction of view”, “tail light out”, “dirty license plate”. You may end up up learning quite a lot.
Ask anyone who has grown up or lived somewhere that's not a "privileged" suburb how often they get pulled over for made up bullshit regardless of race. Step out of your bubble and you may end up learning quite a lot

ps- unless someone is wearing a type of hairstyle that only certain hair types can pull off even a cop can't tell race through tinted windows

• Dislike

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This is absolutely true and how cops think

Ask anyone who has grown up or lived somewhere that's not a "privileged" suburb how often they get pulled over for made up bullshit regardless of race. Step out of your bubble and you may end up learning quite a lot

ps- unless someone is wearing a type of hairstyle that only certain hair types can pull off even a cop can't tell race through tinted windows
Do you agree it happens more to minorities? Also the libertarian grasping at straws to excuse the actions of armed Govt thugs, never gets old.