Pyzel Highline is out

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
as a stout proportioned human that outline doesn't appeal to me.

if i am to follow the sizing guidelines i'd need a 5'8-5'10 with the volume of the 6'4

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"It will help you make the most of your everyday surfs and elevate your surfing performance."

That's great, but would be nice to have a little more insight on the board itself.

For instance, it has a "medium high rocker" - what does that mean?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
stoke dims are actually decent for my tall self.

planeshape is a bit narrow for me though.

i wonder how it compares to the 74? looks and sounds pretty similar.

Reactions: oeste858

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Does anyone make a HPSB for the forever-intermediate, desk-bound, non-abs-having man? Who's got a 5'11" tuned for the guy in his mid-thirties that weighs 180lbs ? The only boards I know of that fit that criteria are usually labeled as being for shitty waves. Or should I just put my beer down and get on the treadmill?

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
"It will help you make the most of your everyday surfs and elevate your surfing performance."

That's great, but would be nice to have a little more insight on the board itself.

For instance, it has a "medium high rocker" - what does that mean?
Rusty has talked about actual amounts of rocker in his podcasts before. Here is something I found for what its worth..??..

It would be cool if all shapers started dropping actual measurements / values into their descriptions, but maybe they are being a bit secretive on purpose.

Reactions: oeste858

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
Does anyone make a HPSB for the forever-intermediate, desk-bound, non-abs-having man? Who's got a 5'11" tuned for the guy in his mid-thirties that weighs 180lbs ? The only boards I know of that fit that criteria are usually labeled as being for shitty waves. Or should I just put my beer down and get on the treadmill?
GG seems to do a heap of customs that fit this bill.
Occy's signature JS's appeal.
DHD sweet spot comes in husky sized dims as well as razor ass dims.

Reactions: santacruzin

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Maybe try the Phantom- by all accounts is much more user-friendly than the more HPSB, like say the Shadow.
Or pyzel helpfully makes stock XL versions of his models as well.

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
I wish I weighed 180 i got 25 pounds on you. Stamps gx is perfect for dad bods.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
on that 38 liter job...i liek how he went thicker than conventional and went narrow. usually that board woudl be 21 plus and 2.75 from just about anyone. curious. verrrrryyyyy curious and i like!