Public vs Private Sector vaccine dispersal: Who's doing a better job?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
How many times do I have to ask you to stop posting personal pictures of me Sharkbiscuit? :cursing:

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
To not get the virus? So you don't miss 2+ weeks of work? So you can get the fook out of Florida (GG to the surf trip courtesy phone - he has experienced things you and I will never experience)?

Myles Garret gets Covid, is sucking wind and sucking ass at football over a month later. That guy on the Bills got Myocarditis. Do you understand that Myles Garret is not a 70 year old obese chain smoker?

3,000 fans at Miami Heat games. About that at TB Lightning games. 4k, physically distanced, at Orlando Magic games. 5k for the Panthers games. Some restaurants till doing takeout only. Ron DeSantis saying the state is open doesn't count for jack sh!t.

Remember when you told us to wake you when we hit 500k dead?

WAKE THE fook UP, LLOYD

Is George Floyd one of those 500K? He had covid....

2 weeks out of work? That's a vacation.

Be mad about places demanding papers please about a surf trip, not pining to comply

Ron DeSantis doesn't count for sh!t, and fear of litigation by those various organizations is the only thing that has them limiting attendance/dining. For every person that is scared, there are two that simply don't care and will go back to normal. Those same people would rather take the same risks they've been taking than sit in a 6 hour shot line. This whole thing from the beginning is tyranny of the risk-adverse, scared minority

363 day anniversary of two weeks to flatten the curve btw

10/10 on the Entourage reference, I haven't thought of that show in a decade

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Be mad about places demanding papers please about a surf trip, not pining to comply

Ron DeSantis doesn't count for sh!t, and fear of litigation by those various organizations is the only thing that has them limiting attendance/dining. For every person that is scared, there are two that simply don't care and will go back to normal. Those same people would rather take the same risks they've been taking than sit in a 6 hour shot line. This whole thing from the beginning is tyranny of the risk-adverse, scared minority

Also about 363 days since 15 cases were going to be zero. Instead, over 500,000 dead Americans and you're still crying about putting a mask on for a few minutes a day.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Okay okay, so I've been waiting for a proper drummer thread but you guys have been slacking so amma gonna put this here.

I'm absolutely fucking mesmerized by these two 19yo freaks. :headexplosion:

i missed this post. Holy hell, thats rad! Talk about chops and syncopation.

Also, my compliments to the audio engineer for allowing the drums to sound like actual drums.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
If idiots didn't make this a political issue and start spouting about freedums relating to the simple act of wearing a mask and being socially responsible we'd be out of this mess by now. Look at NZ and Aus. Instead we suffer because of a bunch of irresponsible red necks and morons who think they are smarter than the scientists who have dedicated their lives to understanding these issues. MAGA

Reactions: CutnSnip and Kento

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If idiots didn't make this a political issue and start spouting about freedums relating to the simple act of wearing a mask and being socially responsible we'd be out of this mess by now. Look at NZ and Aus. Instead we suffer because of a bunch of irresponsible red necks and morons who think they are smarter than the scientists who have dedicated their lives to understanding these issues. MAGA
OZ and NZ are not fair comparisons. They are literally islands with very few large cities and the ability to shut themselves off from the rest of the world if they want.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
OZ and NZ are not fair comparisons. They are literally islands with very few large cities and the ability to shut themselves off from the rest of the world if they want.
So you're suggesting that our out-of-proportion COVID death rate is due to tourism and immigration?

LOL.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
NZ is a stretch. I'll give you that. But Australia really isn't that different. We're basically an island as well. And covid isn't coming from the southern border or Canada. It's primarily being spread by irresponsible dickheads and the unfortunate people that come into contact with them. Would the restrictions that Aus put in place suck, hurt the economy, and be a major inconvenience to millions of people? Sure. But so is dying and being in lockdown perpetually.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So you're suggesting that our out-of-proportion COVID death rate is due to tourism and immigration?

LOL.
No, it's combination of factors. Lower population density, less cities, less travel restrictions, more obesity.

Do our attitudes towards being told what to do by the government play a role? Also yes.

Reactions: sizzld1

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
That's a fair assessment. And it would certainly take more effort - and probably cause more inconvenience and short-term problems - for the US to successfully replicate what has been done elsewhere. I still think it could have been done, but hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: grapedrink

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
No, it's combination of factors. Lower population density, less cities, less travel restrictions, more obesity.

Do our attitudes towards being told what to do by the government play a role? Also yes.
Sydney, population 5.3M, has 909 Covid deaths.

Orlando/Orange County Florida, population 1.4M, 1,110 Covid deaths.

Also, Australians are fat too. Not quite as obese as Americans, but pretty close.

I think it's fair to admit the US fucked it up. Too slow, too timid, too fractured, with all signs leading back to Drumpf.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Aus and NZ made people quarantine when they came into the country in a hotel for 14 days.

We let the sickies come in an do what they want.

Let Freedumb rain!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Also, Australians are fat too. Not quite as obese as Americans, but pretty close.

I think it's fair to admit the US fucked it up. Too slow, too timid, too fractured, with all signs leading back to Drumpf.
Trump and his crew were anti federal govemrent.

He thought he could juice the stock market and get lucky as far as avoiding disasters that required a federal response.

We really do owe a debt of gratitude to Mr Covid Virus for getting rid of trump the fat venal con man grifter.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

You didn't address the effect this had on some pro athletes who have caught it. As for two weeks being a vacation, Florida is 38th in median household income, and the median individual income nationwide in 2019 was $36k.

The places demanding papers are the intelligent ones; the reason attendance/dining is still limited is because demand isn't there because the risk-averse aren't a minority.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I’m good with blaming Trump.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You didn't address the effect this had on some pro athletes who have caught it. As for two weeks being a vacation, Florida is 38th in median household income, and the median individual income nationwide in 2019 was $36k.

The places demanding papers are the intelligent ones; the reason attendance/dining is still limited is because demand isn't there because the risk-averse aren't a minority.
Are you seeing lots of fully open restaurants that are empty? Have you seen the prices for event tickets?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Are you seeing lots of fully open restaurants that are empty? Have you seen the prices for event tickets?
Yes. No.

And I can hear Teslas on A1A from where I live and it's pin-drop quiet on weekend nights, and normally it'd be a cacophony of stereo and modified exhaust noise Thursday Night, starting some time after lunch on Friday, through Sunday mid-evening.