How the NEW administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic............

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What the Trump admin did regarding vaccines was allow (by opening up the treasury) vaccine developers to be able to produce millions of doses BEFORE the clinical trials were done. This eliminated the huge financial risk in producing these doses of a yet to be (at the time) proven vaccine. Pharma companies NEVER produce millions of doses while doing clinical trials.

The fed also bankrolled much of the development.

Everyone involved in the OWS program will tell you that without the administration doing this it would not have been possible to have as many doses ready as we do now.

And as for Pfizer not being part of OWS, that’s true in the sense that the did not receive federal funds but they were guaranteed a bailout (and liability shielding) if the millions of doses they produced concurrent to clinical trials turned out to be bunk.

Even the virulent Trump haters have acknowledged all of this.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What the Trump admin did regarding vaccines was allow (by opening up the treasury) vaccine developers to be able to produce millions of doses BEFORE the clinical trials were done. This eliminated the huge financial risk in producing these doses of a yet to be (at the time) proven vaccine. Pharma companies NEVER produce millions of doses while doing clinical trials.

Everyone involved in the OWS program will tell you that without the administration doing this it would not have been possible to have as many doses ready as we do now.

And as for Pfizer not being part of OWS, that’s true in the sense that the did not receive federal funds but they were guaranteed a bailout (and liability shielding) if the millions of doses they produced concurrent to clinical trials turned out to be bunk.

that wasn't so hard, was it?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I'll be equally as happy to see the last of this Fauci clown as I am to see Trump leave. Both of which are slightly less than my disappointment at being faced with four years of another pandering liar shuffling more money from the poorest to the richest.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I'll be equally as happy to see the last of this Fauci clown as I am to see Trump leave. Both of which are slightly less than my disappointment at being faced with four years of another pandering liar shuffling more money from the poorest to the richest.
Why do you hate capitalism so much?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

They won't though.