3.4 million homeowners skip mortgage payments.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Older workers that were heading towards retirement (15-20 years out) will NEVER be hired back.
Older?

45?

I was still in my youth at 45 with six pack abs and a twinkle in my eye. (Actually I had an 8 pack, but I don't want to brag.)

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I haven't heard anyone else say this, but if you destroy the economy to a certain level, there WILL be a death toll associated with that. People will lose jobs permanently, healthcare, insurance, homes, families will break, alcohol and drug abuse will increase, on and on and on.

Older workers that were heading towards retirement (15-20 years out) will NEVER be hired back. They're done. Employers will opt to use this as an excuse to eliminate them. This goes far enough, the level of crime and homelessness that seems likely is world changing. Young people just entering the work force will likely have serious problems getting jobs as well.

At this point, I don't know when you turn things back on, but at a certain point, it may be too late.
You are describing what unfolded when CCCP became RUS.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
If we had done it right we wouldn't be where we are now.

We got the worst of both worlds. Collapsed economy and raging virus.

MAGA!
"raging" virus

Where's those bodies in the streets?

You can't call anything where over 99% of the population is surviving raging

And the countries that "did it right" have collapsed economies too.

Reactions: stringcheese

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
"raging" virus

What will that equal when it finally burns through the population at its leisure?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Isn't it weird how the last virus kill children? I forget the name.

We need one of those too.

I'm right in the sweet spot. :dancing:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
"raging" virus

Yes, exactly. The countries that didn't lock down are f----d as well.

Sweden's Q2 GDP fell 8.6%.
Denmark Q2 GDP down 7.4%
Finland Q2 GDP down 3.2%

Which of these three was high profile not locked down? The one with the worst economic numbers in Q2.

Florida is no longer locked down. You think everything is busy and business as usual?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Denmark Q2 GDP down 7.4%
Finland Q2 GDP down 3.2%

Which of these three was high profile not locked down? The one with the worst economic numbers in Q2.

Florida is no longer locked down. You think everything is busy and business as usual?

But the meth labs are still running top speed in AZ!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Or have an in demand skill.

I can always get work because I'm a cheap date.
You are going to have to convince people you're worth your in-demand skill. A metric sh!t-ton of people are going to see someone over 50 and conclude technical liability. If you're in your upper 50s, you can count on being auto-assumed to retire early, just from a worst-case/risk mitigation standpoint for the business.

People use the term "digital native" for a reason. Nobody says "GAAP native" or something else that you're expected to "just know", but regularly you'll hear people 50+ think they should be trained on technology, and not understand that, as hard as it is to get a job with no prior work experience in your 20s, any technical deficiencies are the employee's responsibility to address, not the employer's.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
But the meth labs are still running top speed in AZ!
Dang Mullet stepped on a fckng rake and a half. I'm glad he was pissed about that dogshit performance, and I do think Texas A&M and UGA probably had more than 20k people, not that I personally care...

But the crowd isn't loud in College Station, Texas when Texas A&M has the ball. The problem was the Gators getting off on third down is like Melania getting off on Trump. Jesus H Christ Florida couldn't stop a mother who chlorophylls her own baby and rides dirty with the corpse in the trunk and pays her defense attorney in cowgirl fux. Florida couldn't stop bathtub with 20 Cubans in it sailing 90 miles with a trash bag fixed to a palm frond.

They made Kellen Mond look like the lovechild of Joe Montana and Tom Brady.

Then he goes and cries about it in the postgame, says he wants 90k in the Swamp yelling and spraying droplets everywhere, even the pickup truck driving Limp Bizkit fans in the Florida Press Pool are aghast (and this is a coach and press pool that supported Kadarius Toney 2nd amendment rights after he was seen running after a bookie named 'Tay Bang' with an assault rifle on campus holy f--k how is that a good look fk me standing) and sure enough, the Florida v LSU game this weekend is postponed, and Missouri next week is now in doubt.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Denmark Q2 GDP down 7.4%
Finland Q2 GDP down 3.2%

So their numbers are negligibly different than their neighbor who did lockdown? What's your point? Also- Q2 is not now

What are you basing busy and business as usual on? Traffic? Or places where people go outside of work?

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I haven't heard anyone else say this, but if you destroy the economy to a certain level, there WILL be a death toll associated with that. People will lose jobs permanently, healthcare, insurance, homes, families will break, alcohol and drug abuse will increase, on and on and on.

Older workers that were heading towards retirement (15-20 years out) will NEVER be hired back. They're done. Employers will opt to use this as an excuse to eliminate them. This goes far enough, the level of crime and homelessness that seems likely is world changing. Young people just entering the work force will likely have serious problems getting jobs as well.

At this point, I don't know when you turn things back on, but at a certain point, it may be too late.

On a kind of related side note, there was a car observed parked along the coast highway north of Ventura. I was told the windows had all been broken out, the hood and trunk lids removed, the doors were apparently ripped off and the car was spray painted with "L.A. GO HOME!! FVCK SOUTHERS!" etc etc etc. A return to the old ways? Take your COVID19 and go home. Surf where you live bitches!
The youngsters from your neighborhood have been dumping their stolen cars in my neighborhood for about a year now.

Could you do something about that?

Thanks