New Surfer underground forum

Would you be interested in joining a Surfer underground forum / message board?

• Yes, the erBB will surely go away and we need to continue the traditions because Reddit sucks.

Votes: 86 86.0%
  • No, the Reddit forum is fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, just no to everything anymore.

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I suspect it would be mostly word of mouth for new members as well or take a lot of time to start showing up in the search engines.
believe it or not SEO and web crawlers are easier than one would think.

its much harder to not be indexed than being indexed by the big engines. Get beach grit or stab to do an article on you with a link, edit the wiki page of surfer, and boom, you have credible page scores.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i'm down as long as I get to be a mod so I can ban Silentbutdeadly and otherwise abuse my privileges until they are inevitably revoked.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I dibs reforest.

if you don’t give it to me I’ll send Aruka the Mod a painting of a bird and I’m sure he’ll be agreeable to my request.

Reactions: Aruka

SFKneelo

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 11, 2003
Bay Area
Visit site
It would be underground / independent, so Yes, of course. I suspect it would be mostly word of mouth for new members as well or take a lot of time to start showing up in the search engines.

Still, we would need some level headed moderators so things don't get ridiculous or violent. The forum sections would mirror what we have now:

Surfer Discussion
Design Forum
The War Room (everything from Politics to Hot Chicks)
Etc.
War Room... Agroville
(spelled with stock)

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It would be underground / independent, so Yes, of course. I suspect it would be mostly word of mouth for new members as well or take a lot of time to start showing up in the search engines.

Still, we would need some level headed moderators so things don't get ridiculous or violent. The forum sections would mirror what we have now:

Surfer Discussion
Design Forum
The War Room (everything from Politics to Hot Chicks)
Etc.
I’ll moderate.