New Surfer underground forum

Would you be interested in joining a Surfer underground forum / message board?

• Yes, the erBB will surely go away and we need to continue the traditions because Reddit sucks.

Votes: 86 86.0%
  • No, the Reddit forum is fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, just no to everything anymore.

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
UPDATE: based on 71 and counting Yes votes, we decided to set this up...

https://surferunderground.com/

Still has a ways to go to implement all the features for embedding videos, etc. so you will see new features showing up from time to time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would be willing to set this up and host it, but only if the usual suspects and OG's are in. You all make it what it is.

I don't think Reddit cuts it. The format for threads, and quoting seems sucky, and leaves a lot to be desired for customizations, emoji's etc. Plus, its Reddit. ??

Could be fun. We could nominate Mods and copy over a lot of the threads / content straight away, and keep it rowdy / true to the counter culture.

Just some thoughts. What say you all?

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i voted yes because i would like to continue the fun of this place (reddit is annoying) but i can't help but love option 3. Just NO, NO to everything, NO to 2020, NO to a spike or second wave or whatever, NO to more lockdowns, NO to the END of the current semi lockdown, no no no. just no.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Would be willing to set this up and host it, but only if the usual suspects and OG's are in. You all make it what it is.

I don't think Reddit cuts it. The format for threads, and quoting seems sucky, and leaves a lot to be desired for customizations, emoji's etc. Plus, its Reddit. ??

Could be fun. We could nominate Mods and copy over a lot of the threads / content straight away, and keep it rowdy / true to the counter culture.

Just some thoughts. What say you all?
I'm in.

Reddit thread format is shithouse.

And heckling of any wavestorm gopro kumbaya efforts will be mandatory.

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754 and Aruka

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i'm not an OG - only been here since '09 - but this place rocks and it always has...the erBB is literally part of the history of surfing by now and i have no doubt it deserves a chapter in Malcolm Gault-Williams's Legendary Surfers archives, at this point. so i'm down with whatever, if it will have me, and no, Reddit doesn't cut it.

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
It's about time someone recognized my "Mad Moderator Skills".

I'd like to thank all the little people that made this possible. Go ahead and give yourself a high five.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
i voted yes because i would like to continue the fun of this place (reddit is annoying) but i can't help but love option 3. Just NO, NO to everything, NO to 2020, NO to a spike or second wave or whatever, NO to more lockdowns, NO to the END of the current semi lockdown, no no no. just no.
take away this ball...and...chain.
Social Distortion can really rock.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Can we still be crude? Can we say bad words, like "poop"?
It would be underground / independent, so Yes, of course. I suspect it would be mostly word of mouth for new members as well or take a lot of time to start showing up in the search engines.

Still, we would need some level headed moderators so things don't get ridiculous or violent. The forum sections would mirror what we have now:

Surfer Discussion
Design Forum
The War Room (everything from Politics to Hot Chicks)
Etc.

Reactions: waxfoot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It would be underground / independent, so Yes, of course. I suspect it would be mostly word of mouth for new members as well or take a lot of time to start showing up in the search engines.

Still, we would need some level headed moderators so things don't get ridiculous or violent. The forum sections would mirror what we have now:

Surfer Discussion
Design Forum
Etc.
I nominate fecalface for moderator.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Surfer Discussion
Design Forum
Etc.
OG bring back peniscola and stu to moderate and make sure to find HT, sh sh sh and Rick from SD to join.